Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Utilize Phantom in BOM in WebERP
02-19-2014, 05:58 AM,
How to Utilize Phantom in BOM in WebERP
Here is my scenario.
We sell plastic by the pound in boxes. We want to capture the packaging costs (materials and labor).
So I have setup the following in WebERP.
A finished good made up of a Box (QtyPer .001 in BOM, 1 box holds 1000 LB) and the Plastic (QtyPer 1 in BOM) that goes in it
The box is setup as a phantom Item and has a BOM consisting of 4 pieces. Box Bottom, Bottom Pad, Liner and Cap. All are QtyPer = 1.
The Costed BOM looks good.

I expect when I create a W/O for the finished Good for Qty 10,000 that it will tell me I need 10,000 Qty of plastic and 10 each of all the parts of the Boxes (Because the box is a phantom it will explode the BOM of the phantom into the requirements of the W/O).
I am not getting and of the phantom or the phantom components on my work order.
Please help me understand if I did something wrong in this setup.

Andrew
02-19-2014, 08:52 AM,
RE: How to Utilize Phantom in BOM in WebERP
This sounds like a bug ... yes the phantom should explode into the requirements of the WO?
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-20-2014, 12:58 AM,
RE: How to Utilize Phantom in BOM in WebERP
I found what my issue was. When I added the Phantom to the BOM I didn't change the default "Factory location" so the recursive call to the function WoRealRequirements never happened for the phantom because part of the select includes location the W/O is set for. No Bug but I will post another feature request for some changes to this setup.