Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QC/QA in manufacturing module for WebERP
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM,
QC/QA in manufacturing module for WebERP
Hello there,

Has anyone done any kind of Quality Control/ Quality Analysis on WebERP before? Care to share?

Thanks

Jase
02-15-2014, 12:32 AM,
RE: QC/QA in manufacturing module for WebERP
Jase,
Currently there isn't anything that can be used like that but I think I will be building one this year. Basically for each Product I will store a new table (something like Product_spec_worksheet) that holds attributes, test methods, a generic spec and min/max values for each. Then for each lot produced I will allow values (Test_results) to be entered into a table that mirrors the Product Table but with Lot and Sequence as additional keys. Latest Test_Results by sequence/date will be compared to spec and determine if lot is in/out of spec. COA can be generated based on test_results. I also plan on adding a new table "inventory_status" that allows statuses to be maintained that determine if an item can be "picked,packed,shipped,issue to W/O" based on status. So receive RM into "HOLD" Status (means can't be issued to W/O). Can use above test results process or another status change screen to "APPROVE" material. Then it can be used. W/O Receipt is same - goes to "HOLD" until reviewed or approved. Can prevent shipment of FG based on status. We will need something like this in our business. Additional input from the community is beneficial so I can build it in a way that is best for all.
02-17-2014, 04:20 PM,
Thanks Agaluski. I am looking at QC/QA from after manufacturing process and doing a QC/QA to make sure all Finished Goods are good to go for packing. Is this something already made available?

02-18-2014, 12:02 AM,
No,
As I said it is a planned feature I will be adding, both to incoming raws and issues and to finished goods after W/O Receipt
04-26-2014, 04:00 PM,
we need to maintain calibration reports of our measurement equipment elsewhere, so simple pass/fail (or calibration done/not yet done) would also be good.
So we don't need to dublicate that calibration data in weberp.

thanks for the idea,

Klaus
04-29-2014, 12:24 AM,
Klaus,
Is that pass/fail at an Item level or for each lot?
04-29-2014, 12:34 AM,
(04-29-2014, 12:24 AM)agaluski Wrote: Klaus,
Is that pass/fail at an Item level or for each lot?

our work orders produce electronic equipment (e.g. measurement amplifiers). They are serialised.
Each amplifier, for example, has pass/fail for several tests.

04-30-2014, 02:42 PM,
(02-15-2014, 12:32 AM)agaluski Wrote: Jase,
Currently there isn't anything that can be used like that but I think I will be building one this year. Basically for each Product I will store a new table (something like Product_spec_worksheet) that holds attributes, test methods, a generic spec and min/max values for each. Then for each lot produced I will allow values (Test_results) to be entered into a table that mirrors the Product Table but with Lot and Sequence as additional keys. Latest Test_Results by sequence/date will be compared to spec and determine if lot is in/out of spec. COA can be generated based on test_results. I also plan on adding a new table "inventory_status" that allows statuses to be maintained that determine if an item can be "picked,packed,shipped,issue to W/O" based on status. So receive RM into "HOLD" Status (means can't be issued to W/O). Can use above test results process or another status change screen to "APPROVE" material. Then it can be used. W/O Receipt is same - goes to "HOLD" until reviewed or approved. Can prevent shipment of FG based on status. We will need something like this in our business. Additional input from the community is beneficial so I can build it in a way that is best for all.

Dear Agaluski,

This will be a great and much needed addition. It will make WebERP uptodate with global standards for compliance with QA/QC norms.
I think you are on the right track. Every item (RM or FG ), the status has to be "Quarantine"(or Hold) till it is tested and "Approved" by QC with relevant test results. The statuses of the materials can be Quarantine, Approved and Rejected.
Also Similarly, the Fixed Assets list like machinery can have an extra column about caliberation/Validation data + date and recaliberation date.

I would be happy to provide my 2cents on this subject.
Thanks
Newuser
04-30-2014, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 11:09 PM by agaluski.)
I am going to be very flexible and allow any number of statuses to be set by the user and for each status set the "Can Issue, Can Sell" flags.
I am curious to here more about how you want the Fixed Asset module tied in. Any additional specs or comments would be helpful.
I assume for example that each Fixed asset can have any number of required calibrations so it would be an additional table, not columns. Each calibration might have data and date. And history must be kept but unlike Inventory we don't have Lots to tie to so how do we know when to add a new set of inputs for the user to fill out? How do we know which tests/calibration must be done for each Fixed Asset? Leave it up to the user and just have another maintenance screen for Calibration tests (Templates) to be maintained?
Mock screen shots in a document might be helpful here.
Additional feature request (from myself to myself). Allow test results to be copied from 1 lot to another. This is because sometimes we repackage a material and sell under a different Stock ID and Lot# but we don't need to retest all the properties and re-enter into the system. This could be its own screen or part of the W/O Receipt process (Copy from <select> component issued)
05-01-2014, 12:17 AM,
fixed assets, but also sold goods, could have a recalibration date.

for assets, we are not allowed to use them without recalibration.

for sold goods - create a reminder for me to forward to the customer, might generate more business (i.e. the recalibration)