Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magento Integration
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM,
Magento Integration
Magento is a very popular e-commerce shopping cart (and more). Being opensource and based on php and mysql I would imagine somebody might have done some integration work already. Since we have already settled on Magento and are close to using WebERP as our ERP system I'd like to ask if anybody has done or seen any integration between the 2 systems.
Also feel free to email me directly if discussing it in the forum is not your desire.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
07-16-2014, 05:08 AM,
RE: Magento Integration
Hi Andrew

I have noticed your FIFO post elsewhere, which we have a similar need for ... and linking Ecom too

Did you find anything suitable?

We're set to use Prestashop (due to overhead and speed, but sure the next version of Magento will leapfrog and vice versa at next Prestashop big release!), and are looking for anyone who had done integration as a triggered or pull to WebERP?

Any help much appreciated, and any news on your FIFO requirements would be very welcome. Feel Free to PM me if need be.

thanks
07-16-2014, 05:37 AM,
Good afternoon Richard,
I have not heard from anybody regarding my post with Magento integration so I have started slowly to build the pieces myself. The first piece I built looks at WebERP quantity on hand and does some 'available qty' calculations based incoming supply and short term demand then updates magento inventory levels using the magento SOAP API.
Next up I will be working on integrating orders (New magento orders flow to WebERP), changes in WebERP reflected in Magento, shipments and invoices from WebERP reflected in Magento.

As for FIFO for me it is a nice to have, not a requirement.
07-16-2014, 06:31 AM,
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to do any FIFO at the moment? Is it a FIFO or Average Cost or can the 2 methods be split by warehouse/product line/category?

I assume from the Magento comments, that you are not using the WebERP API but building it inside the code? or do I have this wrong

thanks
07-16-2014, 06:36 AM,
Richard,
I think we are referring to 2 different things. You are referring to FIFO costing and I am just wanting to have a date on inventory so that I can pick based on FIFO logic but I will still use average costing.
FIFO costing is not possible at all currently
07-16-2014, 07:00 AM,
Yes, sorry was mixing the 2 things.

We need to prioritise FIFO picking (for picking lists etc, using a rotation number or batch number in Werp), but sometime go outside of the basic logic (due to Duty status, or condition).

But it looks like we'd need to keep different condition or provenance in separate stock lines rather than using a batch number. That way we avoid the need to mix costing models.

Is your FIFO picking using an expiry/sell by date or Batch/Rotation numbers?
08-26-2017, 10:53 PM,
Try some extensions.