Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Translation oddity
02-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Post: #1
Translation oddity
I have changed "Tax Invoice" and "Tax Credit Note" each to drop the word "Tax" in my messages.po file. I have a compiled .mo file. If I generate a PDF of an Invoice or Credit note the word "Tax" is gone as expected. If however I view in HTML from the CustomerInquiry.php script or email PDF from the same script the word "Tax" still appears.
Same from the Print Invoice screen. Preview(HTML) shows untranslated. PDF shows translated. (Expected since use same scripts as from CustomerInquiry).
Has anybody seen this before? I have checked that the references in my messages.po match the line numbers in the scripts. Any other ideas, suggestions, debug hints?

Thanks,
Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Post: #2
RE: Translation oddity
A long standing webERP user and translator told me the other day about a similar problem he had when he upgraded to the latest xamp on windows 8.1

I don't suppose you are using the latest xampp on windows 8.1?

Thanks
Tim
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Post: #3
RE: Translation oddity
No. What we have here is yet another ID Ten T error, also known as a PEBKAC.
One should double check that due to other testing he hasn't changed his default language.
Still can't figure out why is wasn't consistently showing "Tax" since I was logged in as user for EN British, but chnagign my user setting back to en_US sure did fix it quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 04:24 AM
Post: #4
RE: Translation oddity
Hi, it is a known bug apparently in the latest version that's what made me wonder Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)