Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audit trail enhancements
02-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Audit trail enhancements
Hi there,

Some time ago I noticed that the audit trail only provided entries for insert, update and delete database transactions. A few other features were requested, with one main one being the ability to know when a user logs in.

I was reminded of this change a few days ago and just wondered if it was of any interest here for the main repo. A small change at the moment but I intend to do further audit trail enhancements later.

Cheers,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: Audit trail enhancements
(02-11-2014 12:20 AM)icedlava Wrote:  Hi there,

Some time ago I noticed that the audit trail only provided entries for insert, update and delete database transactions. A few other features were requested, with one main one being the ability to know when a user logs in.

I was reminded of this change a few days ago and just wondered if it was of any interest here for the main repo. A small change at the moment but I intend to do further audit trail enhancements later.

Cheers,

This could definitely use some work. As I remember I wrote this about 7 years ago in a couple of hours and apart from some changes by Ricard it hasn't been updated since.

Thanks
Tim
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 05:39 PM by phil.)
The last login in date time is recorded against the www_users table ... but no log remains of user logins

EDIT:
Of course the update to www_users will be in the audit trail log too

Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the compliments Phil, but I still feel it can be improved upon. The sql parsing is not bad, but is still only about 95%. There are dedicated open source sql parsers such as https://code.google.com/p/php-sql-parser/ which could improve the accuracy and the speed of the parsing.

Tim
02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
(02-11-2014 12:20 AM)icedlava Wrote:  Hi there,

Cheers,

Hi Jo:

I personally use the audit quite often, and ANY improvement on the functionality will be really welcomed. Count on me for tests :-)

Regards,
Pak Ricard
05-05-2014, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 12:28 PM by kelo.)
hi.. i am added ip loggin script ..
please see my thread http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2215
and please leave your comment or oppinion.