Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webERP4.07.8 has been released
04-30-2012, 12:39 PM,
webERP4.07.8 has been released
Dear all:

We're proud of announcing that webERP4.07.8 has been released. It's the latest stable version for webERP4.07 series.

Thank you for those involved. Your contribution to webERP is highly appreciated!

Best regards!

Exson
05-19-2012, 09:53 PM,
Rainbow  RE: webERP4.07.8 has been released
(04-30-2012, 12:39 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Dear all:

We're proud of announcing that webERP4.07.8 has been released. It's the latest stable version for webERP4.07 series.

Thank you for those involved. Your contribution to webERP is highly appreciated!

Best regards!

Exson

Dear Exson;

Thanks, interesting news. I try to use the program but even after long study I have a lot of question. At the beginning Phil installed it for me (I'm not an IT expert, just a user). However I found it very complicated but still trying hard to set up that I can use it.
You know, as a user for a program you just work on the surface and expect that a program is running like e.g. Word. But this program is really complex and a lot of issues are strange and not so useful (e.g. why you cannot copy a product in the item stem).
Unfortunetely Phil don't like to answer those questions and I feel very lost now. So your message was a new update. That's great. But is there any tool to install it? I mean, as a user you get every weeks an update and the program just asking you. For this program here I tried to find out how to do. But there was now answer... I'm not an IT expert, just a stupied user. What can I do?
Would be happy to get your feedback and grest help! Cheers WaltSad
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM,
RE: webERP4.07.8 has been released
Hi, Walt:

The installation become more easy now. I don't know which version you're start with webERP.
One of the most easy way is download AppServ as the environment. Then extract webERP to the www directory. Then use your web browser to install it. What you need to do is following the instruction.

I have prepared some installation procedures in Chinese both for windows and linux environment. Hope it can help some users to install it easily.

Best regards!

Exson
05-26-2012, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM by waltwide.)
[quote='Exsonqu_Qu' pid='786' dateline='1337606119']
Hi, Walt:

The installation become more easy now. I don't know which version you're start with webERP.
One of the most easy way is download AppServ as the environment. Then extract webERP to the www directory. Then use your web browser to install it. What you need to do is following the instruction.

I have prepared some installation procedures in Chinese both for windows and linux environment. Hope it can help some users to install it easily.

Best regards!

Exson

Dear Exson;
First of all thanks a much for your reply. I'll try to follow and let you know my outcome. However this sounds all complicated for a stupid user. I just wonder how a normal human without IT knowledge should operate it. Sorry I always compare it with a software like e.g. windows or skype, I hope you understood what I mean. In case of update it might do it or perhaps asking you for permission to do.
OK, let's see.
Cheers, Walt

[quote='waltwide' pid='809' dateline='1338030251']
[quote='Exsonqu_Qu' pid='786' dateline='1337606119']
Hi, Walt:

Best regards!

Exson

Dear Exson;
First of all thanks a much for your reply. I'll try to follow and let you know my outcome. However this sounds all complicated for a stupid user. I just wonder how a normal human without IT knowledge should operate it. Sorry I always compare it with a software like e.g. windows or skype, I hope you understood what I mean. In case of update it might do it or perhaps asking you for permission to do.
OK, let's see.
Cheers, Walt

BTW: I use webERP v4.06.6 for now...

11-27-2018, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 08:42 AM by hashimatra.)
Hi
I can't login weberp after installation Error massage !!!!!
webERP
Monday 26 November 2018 22:38
webERP version Copyright © 2004 - 2018 weberp.org
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and this also :
Account Error Report

Main Menu
Logout

× ERROR Report : Security settings have not been defined for your user account. Please advise your system administrator. It could also be that there is a session problem with your PHP web server..
pls help me : hashimatra@gmail.com

11-28-2018, 11:41 AM,
On some WAMP installations ... for some reason I can't recall there is a timeout issue where the database is not fully populated and the installation script fails.
The solution is to run the database creation either manually using the mysql client - see the file webERP/doc/INSTALL.txt

Quote:2. Creating the Database

MySQL version 4.1 or above is required

INNODB TABLES MUST BE ENABLED IN THE MYSQL SERVER.

Innodb tables allow database transactions and foreign key support, both of which are critical components of ERP software. Innodb tables require some parameters to be set up in my.cnf - there are some examples in the MySQL manual under table types - Innodb tables.

When using mysql both windows and *nix have the mysql command line client. The command line client is run in a DOS window under Windows. Open a DOS/command window using Start, Run, cmd ENTER for Windows XP and 2000. Normally the mysql client mysql.exe file is under C:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe by default if this path is not in the default path then commands referred to below as mysql will need to be prefixed by C:\mysql\bin

You need to know the user name and password for the MySQL server. If you have not set these up the default is

user root
password ""

BUT.... you should not use this account - you should set up another user for you mysql installation and change the root password to something other than "". There are a number of front ends that allow the mysql user accounts to be maintained and if you are familiar with one of these, it should be used in preference to the mysql command line client discussed below.

From the MySQL manual (edited):

The MySQL root user is created as a superuser who can do anything. Connections must be made from the local host.
NOTE: The initial root password is empty, so anyone can connect as root without a password and be granted all privileges.

Because your installation is initially wide open, one of the first things you should do is specify a password for the MySQL root user. You can do this as follows (note that you specify the password using the PASSWORD() function):

You can, in MySQL Version 3.22 and above, use the SET PASSWORD statement:

shell> mysql -u root mysql
mysql> SET PASSWORD=PASSWORD('new_password');

where 'new_password' is the new password you chose for the root user.

Also from the MySQL manual (edited):

Also, if you have changed the root user password, you must specify it for the mysql commands below.

You can add new users by issuing GRANT statements:

shell> mysql --user=root -p 'new_password' mysql

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO weberp_db_user@localhost
IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Where 'some_pass' is a password of your choice for the new user 'weberp_db_user'. Note that this user weberp_db_user can only connect from the local machine so if the web server is on a different machine to the MySQL server then you need to give privileges to connect from other computers. See the MySQL manual.
Note also that the "'" quote symbol must be typed.

If you have an account set up already in MySQL and innodb tables enabled, then all you need to do is to run one of the sql scripts - under the sql directory as unpacked from the archive.

Note: The scripts provided are created using mysqldump and contain comments. Unfortunately, phpMyAdmin doesn't like these comments so it is recommended to follow the instructions below.

WebERP expects each company that it manages to have a separate database. For example, if you have a company called MyCompany, then it will expect a database called mycompany (note that it must all be lower case). Before you start, ensure that you have no such database on your system, if you do then you will either have to remove it, rename it, or choose a different name for your
company for the purposes of WebERP. The simplest tool is webmin, or you could use phpMyAdmin.

Once you have confirmed that you are ready to create a database you are now ready to go ahead, two scripts are provided to ease the database creation under the directory sql/mysql/country_sql:

1. demo.sql This has a minimal amount of demonstration data in a bogus company set up so that transactions can be tried to see how the system works.
2. default.sql This script has only the basic data necessary to start a new company system off. If you wish to set up your company on webERP then this is the script to use. weberp-new.sql you will need to create a database first (using phpMyAdmin for example) or add the following sql commands to this script
CREATE DATABASE mycompanyname DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT
COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
USE mycompanyname

Instead of mycompanyname use the name of your company. Note that the name of the database must all be in lower case.

This creates a weberp database and populates it with only the very basic data to start off.

shell > mysql --user=weberp_db_user -p mysql < /path_to_the_sql_script/demo.sql

or

shell > mysql --user=weberp_db_user --p mysql < /path_to_the_sql_script/default.sql

as required. You will be prompted for the mysql password that you created earlier.

Use webmin (or your favourite MySQL administration program) to confirm that the mycompanyname database now exists.

OR

Use phpMyAdmin to create the database using the file:
webERP/sql/mysql/country_sql/demo.sql (for the demo database)
or webERP/sql/mysql/country_sql/default.sql (for a new company)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz