Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
import stock or item quantity in bulk
02-06-2014, 01:25 AM,
Thumbs Up  import stock or item quantity in bulk
Hi,
I have successfully imported the items in the ERP. Now I have to update the opening balance of the items. Is there a way I can import the data rather than enter the stock via inventory adjustment. I have a really long list of items and its really going to take a long time if I have to enter via inventory adjustment. Is there any table I can edit in the MySQL, If yes, please guide.
BTW : I found the WebERP really Great. Great functionality. Kudos !
Thanks
02-06-2014, 02:57 AM,
RE: import stock or item quantity in bulk
There isn't a script for it, but the table you need to update is locstock. If you have any serial/batch controlled items then you also need to update stockserialitems table.

Tim
02-06-2014, 05:35 AM,
If you import the stock qty you will also need to update your Inventory valuation accounts - otherwise your inventory qty*cost will not match your GL inventory value. Your best bet would be to take a copy of the Stock Adjustment and have it iterate the insert/update logic based on an input file.
02-06-2014, 05:47 AM,
(02-06-2014, 05:35 AM)agaluski Wrote: If you import the stock qty you will also need to update your Inventory valuation accounts - otherwise your inventory qty*cost will not match your GL inventory value. Your best bet would be to take a copy of the Stock Adjustment and have it iterate the insert/update logic based on an input file.

This balance will normally be part of the initial Trial Balance that will be entered as a journal. While creating the initial stock/debtors/creditors, the link to the GL would be turned off in CompanyPreferences.php.

The answer I gave earlier was the tables that should be updated when doing an upload. Probably entering the balances via a stock check is a better option though.

Tim
02-06-2014, 08:28 AM,
Stock check is a great idea since most companies I have ben at also perform a real physical inventory during an ERP changeover
02-06-2014, 05:19 PM,
Yes the stock check functionality is the way to populate the location quantity - if you read the manual around stock checks and follow the process it is quite easy to key the counts and then process the stock differences into stock.

Note though that this does not work for serialised and controlled items. the stock check functionality does not handle serialised items.,
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz