Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WO: reorder level, min order size/EOQ
04-29-2012, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 12:12 PM by opto.)
WO: reorder level, min order size/EOQ
sorry for all these separate threads, but it is a different issue/bug.

reorder level: MRP creates duplicate entries in proposed PO's:

the item with reorder level = 5 and todays QOH=0 creates two entries of PO's for 5.

economic order quantity: this is not satisfied in MRP (it is ignored, although there are code parts pointing to it). As a matter of fact, eoq is not entered into levels table (I made the temporary tables permanent to look at their contents).

Problem: eoq is entered from stockmaster, not from purchdata.
For leadtime, a similiar problem is tackled by using two sql inserts, probably, this case should be handled similiarly.

Klaus
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM,
RE: WO: reorder level, min order size/EOQ
Hi, Klaus:

Thank you for your report!

I've registered your report to Mantis: http://www.weberp.org/bugs/ with No.30.

If you have any more information, please update it freely.

Best regards!

Exson

04-29-2012, 03:34 PM,
Hi, Klaus:

I cannot deplicate what you said for eoq problem. The eoq worked as required in the demo system.
I'll check the REORDER problem you reported!

Best regards!

Exson
04-30-2012, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2012, 03:45 AM by opto.)
Hi Exson,

how do I get access to Mantis? I see it needs userid/password.

thanks,

Klaus
eoq: maybe this is a terminalogy problem.

item and stockmaster has an eoq.
purchase data has a minumum order quantity and leadtime.

leadtime from purchasedata (also for preferred supplier) is used, minumum order quantity from same table is ignored.

If we suggest PO's, either we ignore all info from purchase data, or we should use it.

I propose:

to use eoq as a quantity seen from my companies side (however the minumum order quantity is, I personally always want to order at least eoq

to use minimum order quantity on top of that: if eoq is smaller than minimum order quantity, use that in the proposal PO instead.

If you agree on this change, I can do it and submit it and change the wiki so others know how this is used.

another feature request: for MRP, one could add checkboxes:
x ... use supplier with fastest leadtime
x use supplier with lowest cost
x use supplier with lowest price
x use preferred supplier

That would help planning (e.g. it could show whether a project could be faster by choosing the supplier with the fastest leadtime).

Klaus