Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble uploading to Cpanel
01-02-2014, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 06:49 AM by karlboer.)
Trouble uploading to Cpanel
Hello,

I'm new to webERP, but not to website design. I recently installed a version of webERP on my local machine using Wampserver. No problems installing setting up, and working with it.

Now I am trying to upload it to my hosted account with Cpanel. I setup the database, imported the data, zipped my files/folders from local machine, unzipped them on my appropriate folder on account. Opened config.php and made the appropriate changes to database / user name / password. User has all privileges. I brows to the new location, get the login window, log in, and the screen is completely blank.

Any help?
01-02-2014, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 04:44 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Trouble uploading to Cpanel
A blank screen with php is a typical indication that an error has occurred.

Error[s] are NOT displayed by default because the output can have security implications.

First, I would say check the webserver logs as to what the potential issue might be. [look for messages with 'error', 'severe', or 'fatal']

If nothing is obvious in those files, then as a TEMPORARY check [due to the security matter], you can enable [turn on] the 'display_errors' setting in the php.ini file to see the output. Make sure to turn this OFF after the trouble has been corrected. Know that making any change to the php.ini file will require a restart of the webserver to apply changes.

You made it to the login screen, at least, so there might be something after that point causing trouble.
01-02-2014, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 06:58 AM by karlboer.)
TurboPT, my hosting is a shared environment. I don't have access to php.ini or the ability to restart the server. I checked the error logs that I have access to, and there is not a single thing in there. Nothing. Not sure what that means.

Any other thoughts?

(01-02-2014, 04:36 AM)TurboPT Wrote: A blank screen with php is a typical indication that an error has occurred.

Error[s] are NOT displayed by default because the output can have security implications.

First, I would say check the webserver logs as to what the potential issue might be. [look for messages with 'error', 'severe', or 'fatal']

If nothing is obvious in those files, then as a TEMPORARY check [due to the security matter], you can enable [turn on] the 'display_errors' setting in the php.ini file to see the output. Make sure to turn this OFF after the trouble has been corrected. Know that making any change to the php.ini file will require a restart of the webserver to apply changes.

You made it to the login screen, at least, so there might be something after that point causing trouble.

I just figured it out. I found the following writeup and followed step 4. After that all came up fine!

https://support.exabytes.com/KB/a2789/in...panel.aspx

Thanks for the help!
01-02-2014, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM by TurboPT.)
Thanks for posting your findings, as I'm sure it could possibly help others that cross the same issue.