Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planned Maintenance Module
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM by phil.)
Planned Maintenance Module
Proposal for additional functionality to the fixed assets module which allows for maintenance tasks to be defined by fixed asset (that is not disposed of) a new table - as follows:

assetid - int
taskid - primary key - int
taskdescription - text
frequencydays - integer
lastcompleted - date
personresponsible - varchar FK www_users.userid
managerresponsible - varchar FK www_users.userid

Emails to be produced to the person responsible (and the manager responsible if one is defined) when the first user logs in for the day - based on the MaintenaceTasksLastRun config date and the lastcompleteddate + frequencydays.
Emails produced daily (when first user logs in) until the task is flagged as completed - by the person responsible.

Forms are required to:

1. Allow input and maintenance of tasks - that updates/inserts/deletes task from the new table
2. Show the outstanding tasks of the logged in user so they can easily update their scheduled jobs - this just updates the lastcompleted date - only the person responsible can do this update.

Appreciate any input into the above spec.... anyone?
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM,
RE: Planned Maintenance Module
(04-19-2012, 10:21 AM)phil Wrote: Proposal for additional functionality to the fixed assets module which allows for maintenance tasks to be defined by fixed asset (that is not disposed of) a new table - as follows:

assetid - int
taskid - primary key - int
taskdescription - text
frequencydays - integer
lastcompleted - date
personresponsible - varchar FK www_users.userid
managerresponsible - varchar FK www_users.userid

Emails to be produced to the person responsible (and the manager responsible if one is defined) when the first user logs in for the day - based on the MaintenaceTasksLastRun config date and the lastcompleteddate + frequencydays.
Emails produced daily (when first user logs in) until the task is flagged as completed - by the person responsible.

Forms are required to:

1. Allow input and maintenance of tasks - that updates/inserts/deletes task from the new table
2. Show the outstanding tasks of the logged in user so they can easily update their scheduled jobs - this just updates the lastcompleted date - only the person responsible can do this update.

Appreciate any input into the above spec.... anyone?

I am suggesting you some additional functionality to make it more usefull. The following information should be stored with asset at the time receiving asset or during life of asset.
Maintenance will be done in house or out source.
Is asset under warranty? if yes , when warranty will be expired? Type of warranty? on site or carry in
if no then, is AMC ( Annual maintence contract ) taken? when will AMC expired? How many preventive maintenance visit will be made during contract period, copy of contract. Service center contact details and other relevent information.

I think normally 4 person involved in different roles i.e user of asset, in house maintenance person, outside maintenance person and manager, So please keep provision to input and output log information for 4 person instead of 2.

There should be a display of running and maintenance cost of asset.

08-20-2012, 06:39 AM,
I assume we are talking about assets owned by a company and not some assets manufactured and sold to customers. Warranty, AMCs. preventive maintenance visits, contract periods etc will apply if the company is in the business of selling Assets as inventory items.

In the current setup in webERP, we are talking about assets owned by a company and which is not for resale unless in special cases of disposals. In addition to what Phil listed above, I have heard some users ask for features in fixed assets that will allow them set Maintenance KPIs in order to bring maintenance cost under control. eg
- set date of purchase
- set target book value to retire the asset
- set no of years in use (after purchase) to retire the asset
- set total maintenance cost to date to retire the asset

This parameters will help in taking a decision as to whether the assets should be disposed (retired or not). It helps in implementing an Asset Replacement Strategy. For example, the policy could be to retire assets (in an asset category) or type of assets which meet the following conditions:
- greater than 15 years of years of usage or
- total maintenance cost of $250k (from the date of first use) or
- book value of the asset

Based on one or more of the above criteria fulfilled, the system can flag up assets which need to be disposed of.

This means of course that we need to keep track on the cost of each maintenance and maintain a history of maintenance activity and costs

08-20-2012, 08:20 AM,
These would be good extensions to the functionality proposed:
Quote:- set date of purchase
- set target book value to retire the asset
- set no of years in use (after purchase) to retire the asset
- set total maintenance cost to date to retire the asset
These could be additional fields in the fixed asset master - date of purchase is already there. I am sure each business may have different parameters/policy in this area and it would be very difficult to have a one size fitting all.

It would be good also to be able to implement a log of maintenace costs as entered through AP supplier invoice entry that would then show against the asset inquiry screen - what work was done, what dates etc when the work was done by an external contractor. I am thinking that this would be flagged as a potential fixed asset maintenance when a particular general ledger account was selected for the coding of the invoice - and that a further analysis of the GL entry would be required to select the asset involved.

Would also need to be able to enter work done into a log where the work was done internally by the company's own maintenance team.

I would need sponsorship to have a crack at the above.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz