Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stock Category & GL Code
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM,
Stock Category & GL Code
Hello,
While defining the Stock Categories what is the purpose of GL Code.
Whether it shows or record all transaction related to that Stock Category or there is something anther reason behind it. If it is that so then how to view all such transaction.

Regards,
Sunil
11-20-2013, 09:44 PM,
RE: Stock Category & GL Code
(11-20-2013, 09:37 PM)timschofield Wrote: Yes, these are the codes where webERP would post transactions relating to that category. You can find a good description in the manual here:

Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=Inventory#InventoryCategories

You can view any transactions in those GL accounts via a General Ledger Account Inquiry.

Thanks
Tim

Great... Thank u vry much Tim
11-20-2013, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM by snl.sonawane87.)
(11-20-2013, 09:44 PM)snl.sonawane87 Wrote:
(11-20-2013, 09:37 PM)timschofield Wrote: Yes, these are the codes where webERP would post transactions relating to that category. You can find a good description in the manual here:

Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=Inventory#InventoryCategories

You can view any transactions in those GL accounts via a General Ledger Account Inquiry.

Thanks
Tim

Great... Thank u vry much Tim

Ok Tim,
Your Guideline is really helpful for me as i am beginner. I am having little bit confusion that as purchased inventory received in premises or goods solds out after that payment given to supplier or received from customer. (In short all transaction which are recorded in GL in case of customer and supplier). How to make entries in GL. i am not able to understand further steps after payment transaction that how to record in GL and all .If it is possible for u to just give me short note on same or flow of further steps then that ll be really helpful.
11-21-2013, 11:41 PM,
(11-21-2013, 07:38 PM)timschofield Wrote: Hi Sunil, mostly GL entries take place behind the scenes, so you don't have to worry about them. Try selling some goods, and then go and look at a General Ledger enquiry for the accounts you setup in Sales GL codes.

Tim

ok Tim dat is fine. Bt wat abt Journal Entry. Which transaction amount should be enter in Debit and Credit ?

Thanks,
Sunil