Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to treat somebody else items within my warehouse
11-11-2013, 10:14 PM,
how to treat somebody else items within my warehouse
Dear Friends,

i am sorry if my question is a little silly ...

i am trying to explain my doubt as quickly and precisey as i can :
i have a small trading company, i import and distribure wine, nornal stuff, i issue Purchasing Order, i add to inventory, i issue a Sales Order, i take off the inventory, i issie a Invoice ... in my warehouse i also keep some wine from my friend which he sells himself (not mine, i dont have a Purchasing Order, i dont have a cost), but sometimes i also sell to the same customer of mine my friend wine ... how should i handle??? i gives me a commission on his wine and i dont have a purchasing cost ... should i add as item and use the selling price - commission as a cost? or should i add as a service ... or should i issue 2 different Delivery Notes ...

your suggestions are much appreciated

many thanks

Vito

11-12-2013, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 02:58 AM by vdonatiello.)
RE: how to treat somebody else items within my warehouse
(11-11-2013, 11:33 PM)timschofield Wrote: As an accountant I would say that you shouldn't put the sale through your books as a sale, but just do a General Ledger Receipt for the commission when your friend pays you it.

The other way would be for him to sell you the wine and you sell it on to the customer but that is more work and more complexity.

I always think your books should show the reality of what happened in a transaction, and the reality is you just acted as a sales consultant for your friends business.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your message ...

My problem is that customers don't need to know my internal business ... We use the same warehouse and the same delivery guy and for our reasons we open only one invoice under the same company ... So for the customer I need to issue only one Delivery Note ... I may find an excuse and open 2 pages, one page with mine and one page with his ... But imagine if we have only 3 o 4 items it won't look good, 1 shipment 2 Delivery Notes with 2 items each ...
Best way should be open 1 Delivery Note ...
In that case my friend wine should be in the my inventory? Or there is way to have an item without keeping it not in the inventory???

Many thanks
11-12-2013, 09:35 AM,
(11-12-2013, 04:15 AM)timschofield Wrote: Then I would process a purchase from your friend and then deliver it all from your own company? Does that work?

Tim

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your answer

Your suggestion makes sense ... But I was looking for a shortcut ... We work with many small restaurants in the city and we delivery everyday, so sometimes they order just few boxes of wines per time ... Sometimes they order in the early mooring and they expect delivery on the same day ...

In this case the trouble for me would be the longer,time I need to process a Sale Order ... For instance I receive an order for 2 cases of wine A (mine, therefore already in my inventory) and 2 cases of wine B (from my friend, physically in my warehouse but not in my ERP inventory), in that case I need to open a Purchase Order, receive it it my inventory, open a Delivery Note to my customer ...

I am worried if I receive 2 o 3 orders one morning with some of my friend wines included I might need more than half hour to process the workflow ...

Many thanks for your suggestions

Vito
11-12-2013, 10:28 AM,
(11-12-2013, 09:57 AM)timschofield Wrote: It is possible to turn a sales order directly into a purchase order with just one click. I haven't got it in front of me but it is somewhere in sales ordering.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

That is interesting function and it will solve the issue ...

So I will keep my friend wine B into inventory, 0 stock level (so it will not alter my financial and inventory costs), the moment I receive an order I process a single document, a Sales Order, and I could automatically generate a Purchase Order, release the goods, increase the inventory level and transfer the goods out of my warehouse ...

But if I open such Sales Order and I add, let's say 12 bottles of wine B, what cost will it automatically attach to these 12 bottles to enter into my in inventory???

Many thanks indeed
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM,
From the outstanding sales orders screen there is a check box for each of the sales orders that you wish to creates purchase orders for. This will combine the requirements for all selected sales orders and create purchase orders based on the preferred suppliers of the items required.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz