Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting old stockitems
11-05-2013, 06:54 PM,
Deleting old stockitems
Hello buddies,

I have tried to read information on safely deleting an item that has transactions attached to it but all in vain.

A change of inventory code worked but unfortunately some items are like duplicates in the stockmaster and stockrequestitems tables though they don't exist it the inventory valuation report.

I need to get rid of them, since adjustments are made on them even when a different item is full fulled during internal stock requests.

Will making them discontinued stop adjustments against them.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 06:52 PM by jo lwebuga.)
RE: Deleting old stockitems
Thanks so much tim, for your reply
Here is how i have done it,
  • searched for items missing in valuation report as per sql query matching it with the stockmaster
  • deleted selected items in stockmoves table
  • deleted selected items from stockrequestitems
  • deleted selected items from stockmaster and locstock tables
  • used dispatchid to delete selected items from the stockrequest table
  • re applied the key restrictions on the locstock and stockmaster table

(11-06-2013, 10:17 PM)timschofield Wrote: Obsolete parts can still be adjusted, but this should be the only stock movement that is allowed on these items. It is necessary because you might at some time wish to write off stock which is marked as obsolete.

If the system is set up correctly stock adjustments should only be very rarely used, and then should only be used by a senior person. I tend to give StockAdjustments.php a security token of 15 meaning only an administrator can use it.

Tim