Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upper case letter in the database/company name .....
11-03-2013, 02:44 AM,
RE: 1st try failed, how do i access the installer panel again?
(11-02-2013, 06:28 PM)opto Wrote: I recently had similiar install problems -
[...]
I think it is the max execution time.
[...]

i admit that i am not a programmer actually my knowledge is very limited ... but i think it might be right because i have tried to install it several times,
and the first time it did create a database but wth only 30+ tables, the second time around i noticed that database has 130 tables and i assume the first time something went wrong ... but still can log in ...

(11-02-2013, 06:28 PM)opto Wrote: [...]
I think needing to put the db manually into mysql will frighten many potential users away.

Klaus

i agree, people like me wont be able to to handle the database :-(

11-04-2013, 02:46 AM,
Actually, I also made the experience that phpmyadmin could not install the database sql (also max execution time?) so I actually had to go back to commandline and mysql to load the db. Even then, it took ages (=several minutes) for a dual core ultra low voltage processor to finish.
Klaus
11-06-2013, 07:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 07:41 PM by vdonatiello.)
(11-02-2013, 07:16 AM)phil Wrote: [...]
I am really not sure why if the database has been created you are not able to log in - this must mean that the mysql user and password was correct otherwise no database would have been created.
Email me off list - use my web-site below to get my contact details - with your cpanel login and I will take a look.

Dear Phil, thanks for your time and offering to look into the issue ...

unfortunately my host has very strict procedures for me to change the password :-(

as for database: i have checked in MySql Contol Panel and i see there are 139 tables in the webERP database (Sql519867_1) ... is this number of table right?
  • if the number of tables is lower than they suppose to be in the original blank installation then it must be a problem of the installer creating the database and i will try to re-do once again ... if the number of tables is right maybe i should look the login table, which table stores the login info ...
  • if the number of tables is lower than they suppose to be in the original blank installation then it must be a problem of the installer creating the database and i will try to re-do once again ... if the number of tables is right maybe i should look the login table, which table stores the login info ...

thanks for your help

11-07-2013, 05:48 PM,
Well you may not have a weberpdemo database created - so you can safely delete this webERP/companies/weberpdemo directory/folder from your server.
You should try logging into the Sql519867_1 company
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM,
(11-07-2013, 05:48 PM)phil Wrote: Well you may not have a weberpdemo database created - so you can safely delete this webERP/companies/weberpdemo directory/folder from your server.
You should try logging into the Sql519867_1 company

- does anyone knows how to check if the database was created properly?
- Is the number of tables a sufficient indicator?
- how many tables a fresh installation should have? With and without Demo company

Dear Phil, thanks for your help

11-12-2013, 05:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 08:20 AM by JosefG.)
I've run into the same issue: After successfully running the webERP installation my company database tables get created (139 tables) but when trying to log in I receive the message "You do not seem to have a database configured correctly to use with webERP. Check you database exists and there is a corresponding..."
This presumably means that during installation webERP was able to access the database and create the tables. But I have not been able to log onto webERP because the database can not be found, I suppose.
What to do? Any recommendations are welcome. I've verified file permissions settings, the existence of the directory with the same name as the mySQL db in the \companies\ folder, etc. and am now fresh out of ideas.

Update: Resolved the issue. Renamed all directory paths on the web server to lowercase, e.g. weberp instead of webERP, mycompany instead of MyCompany, etc. Now webERP finds all folders and files and things work as they should.
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM,
Thats interesting thanks for the feedback
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
11-13-2013, 10:42 PM,
I doublechecked what happens on windows/wampserver: tables are created, but have no content for newest version.

Please remember that I mentioned before that I have been without success using the installer for the db between weberp 3.? and the most recent, over 5 different HP mainboards and XAMPP, Wampserver and Bitnami Wampstack, all mysql 5, different versions, and php between 5.2 and 5.? in the most recent webserver. Any ideas?

Klaus
11-13-2013, 11:07 PM,
actually, it stops at chartdetails with - (!) 25616 records.

except assetmanager and audittrail (at 0), tables before have records.
No table after has records. Can there be something wrong with sql for chartdetails?

Klaus
11-14-2013, 02:14 AM,
I didn't do that yet, but doublechecked: nearly all the demo.sql file populates that table, with more than 22000 records.

Klaus