Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubts on "Internal Stock"
03-15-2012, 12:44 PM,
Doubts on "Internal Stock"
I'm testing the new scripts of internal stock issues and found some doubts (probably due to misunderstanding of script's goal):

This module is aimed to control internal consumable stock (pens, latex gloves, cleaning products, etc). (right/wrong?)

So, why the user can choose any product from any stock category? if i understood OK, it's maybe better to flag stock category as "internal/regular" so only showing to the user the internal ones.

We could have just few "internal" stock categories like "office material", "packaging", "OR consumables", etc to be differentiated from other "selling" stock categories.

Does it make sense or just my misunderstanding?
Regards,
Pak Ricard
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM,
RE: Doubts on "Internal Stock"
but if so, it should allow stock categories to be both internal and external (we use special light bulbs and we also sell these light bulbs)

Klaus
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM,
That's OK opto, could be a flag "Internal (yes/No)" and use the internal ones only on these scripts.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
03-17-2012, 12:44 PM,
Also, I would like Tim's POV, as he was the developer of the module.

If it's OK with Tim I would like to code this flag, but would like his approval. Does it make sense? Or i just misuderstood the module use?
Regards,
Pak Ricard
03-22-2012, 04:55 AM,
Well I would think it might make sense under some circumstances to allow issue of the stock for nominal purposes for advertising and promotion for example where there are giveaways - these could come from any stock category.
I was hoping this functionality may have allowed for choosing the GLcode but it looks like it is just a static GL code with a selectable "tab"
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM,
Hi Phil:

On this case you mentioned, we have a stockcategory called "giveaways", so when we decide to run some giveaway promotion, we move these items to this different stockcategory. This allows to control stock more efficiently via "inventory valuation". Once the promotion is done, goods return to their original stockcategory or flaged as obsolete, depending on business needs.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
03-23-2012, 01:23 AM,
Hi, Richard:
Thank you for sharing your experience. But I'm wondering when you move those stocks to 'giveways', they cannot be sold as normal products, right? Then we have to stop the normal business to deal with this situation?

Best regards!

Exson

(03-22-2012, 11:10 AM)PakRicard Wrote: Hi Phil:

On this case you mentioned, we have a stockcategory called "giveaways", so when we decide to run some giveaway promotion, we move these items to this different stockcategory. This allows to control stock more efficiently via "inventory valuation". Once the promotion is done, goods return to their original stockcategory or flaged as obsolete, depending on business needs.

03-23-2012, 04:29 PM,
Hi Exson:
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "stop the normal business".

What we do is: If some item is going to Giveaway or Discounted category, just moving it to the appropiate stockcategory is all we need (well, when a discount is applied, we need to register that discount also), but besides this, nothing else is needed. We stop selling these items (probably are given away because we did not sell many and still have stock available), but besides these details, everything runs as usual.

A nice collateral effect is that if you have different GL accounts for these special stockcategories you can see at a glace on balance sheet how much you have available for giveaways or promotional items, etc.

Hope it is clearer now. If not, let me know ;-)
Regards,
Pak Ricard
03-24-2012, 11:29 AM,
Hi, Richard:

Thank you for your explanation. It's the different understanding of 'Giveaway'.

I thought some normal stock items can also be 'giveaway' or consumable sometime. For instance, raw material or finished products applied by development or QA department for testing. That's what I mean 'stop the business'.

Your practice is only moving those stale items to giveaway categories. It's clear for me now.

Best regards!

Exson

(03-23-2012, 04:29 PM)PakRicard Wrote: Hi Exson:
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "stop the normal business".

What we do is: If some item is going to Giveaway or Discounted category, just moving it to the appropiate stockcategory is all we need (well, when a discount is applied, we need to register that discount also), but besides this, nothing else is needed. We stop selling these items (probably are given away because we did not sell many and still have stock available), but besides these details, everything runs as usual.

A nice collateral effect is that if you have different GL accounts for these special stockcategories you can see at a glace on balance sheet how much you have available for giveaways or promotional items, etc.

Hope it is clearer now. If not, let me know ;-)

03-26-2012, 06:03 AM,
Yes nice idea for handling this situation :-)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz