Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i get correct counter sales customer code??
09-09-2013, 12:19 AM,
how do i get correct counter sales customer code??
am using 4.11.1 release and am trying to set up system. now every time i try to set location so that i can use counter sales am getting this error which is telling me that 'The cash sale customer for this location must be defined with both a valid customer code and a valid branch code for this customer'. am confused on what am not doing right. there is no problem with counter sales branch code but when i change the Default Counter Sales Customer Code it shows error but if i omit location maintenance saves without a problem but then counter sale shows error. i think if i get correct the Default Counter Sales Customer Code i may solve the problem? plz. help!
09-09-2013, 08:14 AM,
RE: how do i get correct counter sales customer code??
The Counter Sales customer needs to be defined with a valid customer code and branch code... Look up the customer and see the branches defined for this customer... you need both to uniquely define the customer/branch to charge Counter Sales to for a location
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
09-09-2013, 11:37 PM,
Thanks phil i did exactly that and it worked.
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM,
Hi Phil,

I have a new installation of weberp 4.11.1 on my server without the demo data in it. I have added some items and customer with branch details. Now, when I try to add counter sales it gives me the following error.

ERROR Message Report : The branch details for branch code: KES against customer code: KES could not be retrieved. Check the set up of the customer and branch

I didn't entered the customer or branch info with KES as branch code or customer Code. Still Don't know why its asking for KES code.

However, I checked into the CounterSales.php and into database, still there is not mark of KES anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, when I see into the database where I have installed weberp with demo data, I see that there is a entry with KES as code into the custbranch table. And when I try to add Counter sales into this system then it directly migrates me to choose the items and the default is seems to be KES only.

Can you please help me with this, and also, if you can please guide me to if I need to enter the data into specific way.

Thanks,
Dilip Gupta
Thanks,
Dilip Gupta
Email : dilip7597@gmail.com
Web : www.dsourc.com
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM,
From the manual:

Quote:Setting Up Counter Sales

webERP looks at the user's default location and then looks up against the location record to find the cash sales debtor account (and branch) to use for counter sales entered. Each location for which counter sales are required must first be set up with the cash sales customer and branch which is to be used for counter sales entered. Note that the default location of the customer branch is ignored - the user's default location (see Setup->General->User Maintenance - the script webERP/WWW_Users.php) is used as the location and stock movements are all created from this location against the customer specified in the location record (Setup - > Inventory Setup -> Location Maintenance - the script webERP/Locations.php). To specify the customer and branch to use for counter sales for an inventory location (or warehouse), the customer code and branch code must be entered.

The customer code must exist and the branch code must exist against this customer code
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz