Poll: Comment option with WO costing sheet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, It will be nice addition
100.00%
4 100.00%
Not required
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provision for Comment with Work Order Costing Sheet
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM,
Provision for Comment with Work Order Costing Sheet
It will be nice if there is a provision for adding a comment in a WO costing sheet during the final costing and closing of a WO. Every manufacturing has some or the other comment to explain the deviations etc. w.r.t the WO. A provision for adding a comment will be a nice addition to easily explain the deviations or any other issue related to the specific WO.
This comment can display when the print is taken for the closed WO costing sheet.
04-23-2014, 06:52 AM,
RE: Provision for Comment with Work Order Costing Sheet
I have recently submitted changes that have been committed to the trunk that allows a Comment on the Work Order. Comments can be entered at creation time or modified (Even after the Work Order is Closed). In the short term you could enter the comments here or modify the W/O Close script to allow an update of the comment (and append the close comments). Very easy to then add to outputs.

Hope that is of some help.
Andrew
04-24-2014, 12:22 PM,
Hi, newuser990,

Thank you for your poll.
Hi, Andrew,

Thank you for your efforts to add new features to manufacture. I've noticed that the comments is set in items (finished goods) required. But webERP has a great features and many outputs are allowed in one work orders. I think the comments should be added to the workorders table.
And I've noticed that the comments cannot be updated when we set input serialno(lot no) when we issue the WO.
At the mean time, it's may be a not a bad idea to add a so fields to workorders table as a reference. Most of time,users need to know which SO this workorders is for. Although it's hard to keep completely identical, it's a nice feature in my opinion.

Just my2 cents.

Best regards!

Exson

04-24-2014, 11:07 PM,
Hello Exson,
Can you explain more what you mean by 'the comments cannot be updated when we set input serialno(lot no) when we issue the WO' . Do you mean a bug that it doesn't work sometimes or that the ability is not there yet when issuing?
If it is a bug can you tell me how to reproduce so I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!
04-25-2014, 05:31 AM,
Hi, Andrew,

I think it's not a bug. It's about on what situation that a work order can be revised.
I've tested your scripts last week and found that the comments cannot be modified(added). The default setting is that a lot no can be input at issuing a work order. When we add a lot no at issuing a work order, the woitems table will not be modified. So what we need to do is to reconsider the condition to make woitems table modified.
You can find more details at line 361 and 383 in WorkOrderEntry.php.
Thanks and best regards!

Exson

Exson
04-25-2014, 05:54 AM,
Now I see what you mean. The entire W/O is prevented from being changed.
04-30-2014, 02:28 PM,
(04-23-2014, 06:52 AM)agaluski Wrote: I have recently submitted changes that have been committed to the trunk that allows a Comment on the Work Order. Comments can be entered at creation time or modified (Even after the Work Order is Closed). In the short term you could enter the comments here or modify the W/O Close script to allow an update of the comment (and append the close comments). Very easy to then add to outputs.

Hope that is of some help.
Andrew

Dear Agaluski,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me which set of php scripts I should update from the trunk for this to work.
Thanks in advance,
Newuser990
04-30-2014, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 11:30 PM by agaluski.)
Unfortunately as Exson pointed out it doesn't allow update after Qty receipt so it won't work in its current state. I will try to modify WorkOrderEntry.php today to update the comments regardless of validations to the the other updates it performs. I will let you know if I am successful
05-01-2014, 03:35 AM,
I have added the new field and functions to the WorkOrderCosting.php screen/script. I have tested internally only. I would wait to download until other developers have a chance to review or test on in a sandbox if you have the ability first.
I also modified WorkOrderEntry.php to allow the other comments to be editable in more situations.
A Database change is required and can be found in trunk/sql/mysql/upgrade4.11-4.12.sql