Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weberp Report Builder
02-12-2014, 03:06 PM,
Weberp Report Builder
Hi,

My Weberp accounting system didn't come with report builder / writer. Because it was installed by a 3rd party and they didn't complete it. How ever rest of the erp options work fine. Anyway I want to use this report writing option and can anyone please guide me how to install report writer separately. Or please suggest me any site, link regarding this matter. Much appreciated for your help.

B.R. Nirosh
02-12-2014, 05:06 PM,
RE: Weberp Report Builder
Just download the latest and install it over your current installation (assuming no mods to your current installation) There are a number of important bug fixes in the latest release.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-12-2014, 07:40 PM,
(02-12-2014, 05:06 PM)phil Wrote: Just download the latest and install it over your current installation (assuming no mods to your current installation) There are a number of important bug fixes in the latest release.

Dear phill,

Do you want me to install everything? Or just report builder. So Will it overwrite everything. Because we have customized this according to over company needs. But we don't have the report builder. I am not very fluent regarding this subject but I can manage most. Please time permits give me your instructions how to perform this with bit details. Thanks for your valuable support.

B.R. Nirosh
02-12-2014, 07:47 PM,
Can't really help much if you have modified ... the reportwriter is in a directory in the archive webERP/reportwriter - but no way of telling if it will work with your install if you just copy this directory under your install - but it may?
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM,
Start off by downloading the latest version to a different location. Then copy everything in the reportwriter directory over to your installation (assuming there is nothing currently there).

Then you need to find the sql/mysq/country_sql/default.sql file. You need to find the schemas to create the reportcolumns, reportfields, reportheaders, reportlinks and reports tables. These need to be created in your database. Then you need to populate the reportlinks table (you will find about 1300+ INSERT statements further down the default.sql file).

You may also need to create the menu links by going into includes/MainMenuLinksArray.php. Search through the one you downloaded for the correct entries.

You now may be able to access the report writer from the seup menus, but it is going to depend on how deeply the customisations have affected the system. Give us a shout if you get errors.

Thanks
Tim
02-12-2014, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM by nirosh.)
(02-12-2014, 07:47 PM)phil Wrote: Can't really help much if you have modified ... the reportwriter is in a directory in the archive webERP/reportwriter - but no way of telling if it will work with your install if you just copy this directory under your install - but it may?

Dear Phill,

As you said already there is a webERP/reportwriter directory under public_html. But when I open webERP there are no option in WebERP main menu to access this reportwriter. I thinkk it's already installed but not showing in webERP options. If possible please try to help with this.

Thanks again.

B.R. Nirosh
Thank you so much for your valuable instructions. I'll give it a try.
Thanks again.

B.R. Nirosh
(02-12-2014, 07:54 PM)Forums Wrote: Start off by downloading the latest version to a different location. Then copy everything in the reportwriter directory over to your installation (assuming there is nothing currently there).

Then you need to find the sql/mysq/country_sql/default.sql file. You need to find the schemas to create the reportcolumns, reportfields, reportheaders, reportlinks and reports tables. These need to be created in your database. Then you need to populate the reportlinks table (you will find about 1300+ INSERT statements further down the default.sql file).

You may also need to create the menu links by going into includes/MainMenuLinksArray.php. Search through the one you downloaded for the correct entries.

You now may be able to access the report writer from the seup menus, but it is going to depend on how deeply the customisations have affected the system. Give us a shout if you get errors.

Thanks
Tim

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your valuable instructions. I'll give it a try.
Thanks again.

B.R. Nirosh
02-12-2014, 08:23 PM,
Hi, when you say you can't see it in the menu where are you looking for it?

Try entering reportwriter/admin/ReportCreator.php into the web browser. It sounds as if all you are missing is a menu link.

Thanks
Tim
02-13-2014, 01:43 PM,
(02-12-2014, 08:23 PM)Forums Wrote: Hi, when you say you can't see it in the menu where are you looking for it?

Try entering reportwriter/admin/ReportCreator.php into the web browser. It sounds as if all you are missing is a menu link.

Thanks
Tim

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. Since all the files are there only thing missing is the menu link. I'll look for it & update the results.

Very much appreciated your support.

B.R. Nirosh
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM,
Dear Tim,

Herewith I attached my index.php file where you can find all the manu links. And reportwriter/admin/reportcreator.php also there but not showing under web browser. May be I have missed something. If possible please check the file for this error.

Thanks for your support on this.

B.R. Nirosh
.php   index.php (Size: 45.4 KB / Downloads: 7)
02-13-2014, 09:39 PM,
Wow that stuff is old Smile

You had a whole lot of options commented out. I have removed those comments and attach the script, so you should see lots more options. Whether they work or not I can't tell.

You have some new scripts in there Payments-bt.php for instance. Might be good if you offered stuff like that back to the project in return for the help you get here Smile

Thanks
Tim

Attached Files
.php   index.php (Size: 44.95 KB / Downloads: 2)