Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webERP Installation via Softaculous
11-07-2021, 05:40 PM,
webERP Installation via Softaculous
Hello peers in webERP,

I have successfully managed to install a copy of webERP using Softaculous. Good stuff. The only problem is that I am unable to log in to the system using the configured default login credentials admin, password. The web interface (landing page) opens okay though, prompting for username and password.

Where could I be going wrong or which credentials do I use?  Huh

Michael
11-07-2021, 06:48 PM,
RE: webERP Installation via Softaculous
Have you tried the suggestions in here?

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=8340

Tim
11-07-2021, 09:52 PM,
(11-07-2021, 06:48 PM)TimSchofield Wrote: Have you tried the suggestions in here?

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=8340

Tim
Hey Tim,

Thaks for the speedy response. I have just tried it but somehow it doesnt seem to go through. I am generating the has using the same version of PHP i.e. 7.4.0 as is running on my providers platform. the hash is generated ok and test successful with a 1. I update the www_users okay but still dont seem to get through from the web front.
aaarrghh!!  Huh

What did I miss?
11-07-2021, 10:11 PM,
(11-07-2021, 05:40 PM)mkiiru Wrote: The only problem is that I am unable to log in to the system using the configured default login credentials admin, password.

Hi Michael

I have just read this properly (sorry! :-) ). The default login for webERP is admin/weberp are you using admin/password??

Can you also let me know the number of database tables it created for you?

Thanks
Tim
11-07-2021, 10:23 PM,
[attachment=1076 Wrote:     TimSchofield pid='16907' dateline='1636287100']
(11-07-2021, 05:40 PM)mkiiru Wrote: The only problem is that I am unable to log in to the system using the configured default login credentials admin, password.

Hi Michael

I have just read this properly (sorry! :-) ). The default login for webERP is admin/weberp are you using admin/password??

Can you also let me know the number of database tables it created for you?

Thanks
Tim

Thanks Tim,

I had searched from the net and seen the admin // weberp but it didnt work, this was after trying with admin // password which I had setup during installation and which didn't work.

If only I can get a way to have the database has the password itself as it seems like the hash code generated is different from the one I get from a different PHP compiler. 

Also see the attachment on the number of tables.
11-07-2021, 10:58 PM,
Hmm, I am beginning to wonder if this is a Softaculous problem. Are you in a position where you can try the code from https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...master.zip?

Tim
11-07-2021, 11:39 PM,
[attachment=1077 Wrote:TimSchofield pid='16909' dateline='1636289934']Hmm, I am beginning to wonder if this is a Softaculous problem. Are you in a position where you can try the code from https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...master.zip?

Tim
Hey Tim,

I dont seem to be lucy with webERP!! but feel that there is hope and alot of it... now I have been able to upload all the files to the webserver and on accessing it gives me an installation wizard... Man! I cant go past the first "click next" page. See the attachment..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

11-07-2021, 11:52 PM,
I am sorry you are having trouble installing it. I have just downloaded the code from the link I gave you, gone through the installation wizard, and ended up with a system I can log into. So the code in that link works, it must be something on your server.

When you click the "Next Step" button from that first page of the wizard, what then happens?

Tim
11-08-2021, 12:17 AM,
(11-07-2021, 11:52 PM)TimSchofield Wrote: I am sorry you are having trouble installing it. I have just downloaded the code from the link I gave you, gone through the installation wizard, and ended up with a system I can log into. So the code in that link works, it must be something on your server.

When you click the "Next Step"  button from that first page of the wizard, what then happens?

Tim

Thanks Tim for your patience.

When I click on "Next Step" the damn wizard just flickers and remains in the same position... I thought it was perhaps popups but no, then checked on the RW access on the server, all good... I am stuck at that point.  I dont know what else could be causing this please. 

Michael.
11-08-2021, 12:35 AM,
Ok, can you check what the web server error log says? Somehow your server has a problem when you are submitting a PHP form, both the login screen, and the first page of the wizard are forms and they aren't working.