Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Matching - Format/Headers - SOLVED?
09-05-2018, 12:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 02:54 AM by VortecCPI.)
Bank Matching - Format/Headers - SOLVED?
BankMatching.php

In this script the first column is named "Check No" but truly shows the transaction reference.

Also... The positioning of checkboxes does not appear to be correct:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
09-05-2018, 01:03 AM,
RE: Bank Matching - Nomenclature
A confusing issue here is that we have two fields referring to cheques. One in the header of the transaction for "cheque number" which only gets used if pre-printed cheque stationery is being used, and another called "Cheque/Voucher number" for the line item. As I don't have any customers using pre-printed stationery I usually remove the cheque option in the header, and then show the "Cheque/Voucher Number" field in the reconciliation/matching screens removing any possibility for confusion. I seem to remember Paul that you said pre-printed stationery was still used for your company so this may not be any use for you??

Tim
09-05-2018, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 01:21 AM by VortecCPI.)
Should not the "Outstanding" column show what is left outstanding as opposed to the checkboxes?

That is: Amount | Amount Cleared | Outstanding/Remaining
Something like this:

PHP Code:
locale_number_format($myrow['amt'],$CurrDecimalPlaces),
locale_number_format($myrow['amountcleared'],$CurrDecimalPlaces),
locale_number_format($Outstanding,$CurrDecimalPlaces), 
09-05-2018, 01:41 AM,
Yes, it seems to have got in a muddle somehow. This is what my screen looks like which is probably how it used to look

09-05-2018, 01:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 02:43 AM by VortecCPI.)
Also... Entering an amount in the textbox has no affect in my instance -- Only works in Receipt mode...

Same for webERP demo...
(09-05-2018, 01:41 AM)falkoner Wrote: Yes, it seems to have got in a muddle somehow. This is what my screen looks like which is probably how it used to look

I will try to have a look at the code... Is yours current it the repo?
Okay... When in Payment mode amount must be negative...
This line needs to go away:

PHP Code:
<th class="ascending">' . $TypeName . '</th

Thank you for giving me some insight on this issue!
I believe the attached file addresses this issue for 4.15.0.

Attached Files
.php   BankMatching4.15.0.php (Size: 12.9 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-05-2018, 05:11 AM,
RE: Bank Matching - Format/Headers - SOLVED?
(09-05-2018, 01:43 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: I will try to have a look at the code... Is yours current it the repo?

The attached is my code. I think it is basically how it used to be, and there were some changes to the code that I didn't include in mine as I felt they worsened what was already there.

Tim

.php   BankMatching.php (Size: 12.55 KB / Downloads: 3)
12-07-2018, 01:49 AM,
This has still not been resolved in GIT. I think we should strive to get it into 4.15.1...
12-09-2018, 02:53 AM,
Confused on this one... what change(s) should be done here?
12-09-2018, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 03:43 AM by VortecCPI.)
Two things:

The table data formatting is wrong and we should add cheque numbers. I also changed the head captions as I found them to be confusing and not matching Bank Register.

Attached is my version revised from GIT until I have time to check Tim's... Though if I had to make a bet I would say we should just use Tim's.

You can use mine to very easily see what I changed to fix it and then go on to Tim's to verify functionality.

Attached Files
.php   BankMatching.php (Size: 13.37 KB / Downloads: 1)
12-10-2018, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 01:59 PM by TurboPT.)
Paul/Tim:

Whenever each of you have a chance, can you please try the attached script?

Each file has your name included, so remove that portion to check.

What's the difference?

Well, both scripts have ~98% Tim's file, with Paul's changes manually merged.
The ~2% (if not less) differences being CSS, the sorting reference, and not using printf() between the two repo's.
Tim's file keeps the same 3 sortable columns (using his reference), where the other file has the first several columns sortable (using the other reference).

Attached Files
.php   BankMatchingPaul.php (Size: 13.05 KB / Downloads: 1)
.php   BankMatchingTim.php (Size: 12.99 KB / Downloads: 1)