Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Account Running Total Question
06-18-2018, 10:38 PM,
Bank Account Running Total Question
DailyBankTransactions.php

Why do we show "Running Total USD" in two columns? I assume this may have to do with multiple currencies but in my case it shows "Running Total USD" twice.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
06-18-2018, 10:45 PM,
RE: Bank Account Running Total Question
I am inclined to agree with you Paul. When I wrote this script originally it only showed the bank account currency. It was designed to just give a list of transactions for a particular account for a particular period, and so the functional currency was not relevant - in fact I think it confuses the report. If you want the functional currency a GL inquiry gives you that.

I had a discussion with the developer who added in the functional currency when he wrote that change, but he was insistent on having it in. For my customers I stick to just the bank account currency as that is all that makes sense.

Tim
06-18-2018, 11:15 PM,
Thank you for providing some history on this piece -- I knew there was a good reason for what I see.

I think I will make a small change to the script to simplify the data a bit...
06-18-2018, 11:37 PM,
(06-18-2018, 11:15 PM)VortecCPI Wrote: Thank you for providing some history on this piece -- I knew there was a good reason for what I see.

I think I will make a small change to the script to simplify the data a bit...

If it helps I have attached my version which I have checked and runs smoothly from inside main line webERP

Tim

Attached Files
.php   DailyBankTransactions.php (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 2)
06-19-2018, 05:49 AM,
Thank you so much Tim!
06-19-2018, 12:03 PM,
Thanks Tim!

The updated script committed to bug_fixes_only and HEAD.
06-19-2018, 06:17 PM,
Hi Paul, there may have been some confusion here. When I posted that script it was for Paul B as he said he was going to look at making those changes, and my script already did what he wanted and is fully tested.

Having said that, my script behaves in the way that I as the original author intended and I think it is the way it is should work. It also avoided the bug that Paul B fixed earlier.

I don't want Phil to start spamming the web again claiming I am trying to sabotage the project because I have reverted Exson's change to this script.

Tim
06-20-2018, 10:19 AM,
Should I revert that update, Tim?
06-20-2018, 04:36 PM,
Well it's not my decision. To me the way the report is now is the way it should be. It is more logical and is the way I meant it when I wrote it. However if another developer has seen fit to change it then they have different opinions. However I note that Exson has been online and not commented so maybe he doesn't have objections. Perhaps the best idea is to leave it as it is now with my changes and see if anybody comments.

Tim
06-20-2018, 10:27 PM,
Ok, I'll keep a holding-pattern, as there have not been any objections.