Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narratives on Packing List
01-16-2018, 01:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 01:10 AM by VortecCPI.)
Narratives on Packing List
PrintCustOrder_generic.php

In our case we normally have no need for narratives on Sales Order line items. However, in one case the customer has asked us to dilute a product with water prior to shipment so we have to add a narrative.

In order for the customer/receiver to understand what is being delivered we must also include the narrative on the Packing List so he or she can verify quantities received.

Perhaps a checkbox prior to printing the Packing Slip could be beneficial? If checked narratives are printed on the Packing Slip?

I realize the "proper" way to do this is likely to create a two-item BoM and associated Work Order but in this case it may be too complicated and too infrequent to consider.

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated!
I just noticed there are no units shown on the Packing Lists either.

Is this not an issue for customers/receivers? How do they verify quantities received without units?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-16-2018, 08:27 AM,
RE: Narratives on Packing List
There is a config item for "Order Entry allows Line Item Narrative:" perhaps we need another one to say print on packing list?

Wherever there are quantities of a stock item shown then they should be accompanied by the units.

Tim
01-16-2018, 10:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 11:33 PM by VortecCPI.)
I was thinking the same thing. I have added units in parenthesis at the end of each of our descriptions and I don't care for such a hack.

On object's Unit of Measure attribute has nothing to do with an object's Description attribute.

I will attempt to tackle your suggestion to use the config value...
(01-16-2018, 10:34 PM)VortecCPI Wrote: I was thinking the same thing. I have added units in parenthesis at the end of each of our descriptions and I don't care for such a hack.

On object's Unit of Measure attribute has nothing to do with an object's Description attribute.

I will attempt to tackle your suggestion to use the config value...

Looking at PDFQuotation.php and PDFQuoatationPortrait.php as examples use of $_SESSION['AllowOrderLineItemNarrative'] is not required. I brought over the logic to print narratives from those scripts into PrintCustOrder.php and PrintCustOrder_generic.php and it works as expected. Example below:

PHP Code:
            // Prints salesorderdetails.narrative:

$FontSize2 $FontSize*0.8;// Font size to print salesorderdetails.narrative.

$Width2 $Page_Width-$Right_Margin-145;// Width to print salesorderdetails.narrative.

$LeftOvers trim($myrow2['narrative']);

//**********

$LeftOvers str_replace('\n'' '$LeftOvers);// Replaces line feed character.

$LeftOvers str_replace('\r'''$LeftOvers);// Delete carriage return character

$LeftOvers str_replace('\t'''$LeftOvers);// Delete tabulator character
            //**********

while (mb_strlen($LeftOvers) > 1) {

$YPos -= $FontSize2;
                if (
$YPos < ($Bottom_Margin)) {// Begins new page.

include ('includes/PDFOrderPageHeader_generic.inc');
                }

$LeftOvers $pdf->addTextWrap(147$YPos$Width2$FontSize2$LeftOvers);
            } 

I will now work on addition of Units...

It appears there are a lot of differences between PrintCustOrder.php and PrintCustOrder_generic.php.

Should not these two scrips be almost identical except for graphics and text string positioning? My PrintCustOrder.php PDF has some strange positioning...

I also added Volume, Weight, and signature areas to our Office Copy so the driver/shipper has an idea of what will be put in the truck and/or on the trailer.

01-18-2018, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 11:32 PM by VortecCPI.)
Attached are my final files which include Units, Volume, Weight, and signature areas for our Office Copy.

I also made some small changes at the top of PrintCustOrder.php so the code better matches that of PrintCustOrder_generic.php.

Attached Files
.zip   PrintCustOrder.zip (Size: 8.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
01-25-2018, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 05:14 AM by TurboPT.)
Paul, just an update to say that I've not forgotten about this one...

I wonder if the signature portion and/or the narrative output might need a config parameter(s) (that I'm pondering), as I'm not sure if signature lines or the narrative output would be desired by all?

Anyway, with working with the PickList, I've not yet had a chance to try the changes, plus one of the files will conflict as-is, but as the pick will need more testing there's a chance that these might possibly get updated first.
01-25-2018, 04:43 AM,
A config item would be a nice touch for sure.
In many cases the recipient just signs the paperwork anywhere. I just added this to tidy it up a a bit.
01-25-2018, 10:35 PM,
I don't see the harm of having that signature line, most companies have a policy of signing this sort of document and if they don't they can just ignore it.

Tim
01-26-2018, 07:55 AM,
Tim, ok on the signature line, but the narrative addition might need a config, perhaps?
01-26-2018, 08:05 AM,
Agreed. I think that is what I said on the second post in this thread Smile

Tim
01-26-2018, 08:34 AM,
Yep, you did. Blush