Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imports: update existing records
12-22-2017, 05:52 AM,
Imports: update existing records
It would be nice to be able to upload csv that will UPDATE the records when a match (on the StockID, or any other index) is found, instead of being blocked with a message that saying that there is already an existing product with that StockID it it rolled back .

Thanks!
12-22-2017, 10:50 PM,
RE: Imports: update existing records
In my case I create SQL UPDATE statements to manage updating of StockMaster data but I agree it would be a nice feature.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-23-2017, 12:30 AM,
The problem is existing records could get accidentally overwritten which is why when I have done any import scripts I deliberately did it that way.

Tim
12-23-2017, 11:52 AM,
(12-23-2017, 12:30 AM)falkoner Wrote: The problem is existing records could get accidentally overwritten which is why when I have done any import scripts I deliberately did it that way.

Tim

Are you familiar with the ERP platform named Dolibarr?
Their import/export utility is PERFECT: both import and export processes includes multiple steps which allow you to handle all situations (different and separators, enclosure characters, import x lines only from line n, update or replace etc)
it's really well done. Too bad the rest of the platform did not meet our expectations in terms of UOM, kits/ assembly and currencies handling (which webERP surpasses by far)

I guess I will explore the direction of changing the query to UPDATE like suggested
12-23-2017, 06:38 PM,
I have heard about Dolibarr but never used it.

There are certain rules you need to follow when updating the stockmaster table - fields that can't be updated if there are transactions for instance. Check through Stocks.php before you alter your import scripts to do updates.

Tim
12-24-2017, 03:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017, 03:33 AM by VortecCPI.)
(12-23-2017, 06:38 PM)falkoner Wrote: I have heard about Dolibarr but never used it.

Tim

I setup Dolibarr for a customer several years ago.

It is a nice system but lacks many of the important features we have here in webERP. For example, GL, Journal, COGS, MRP, and related reports are non-existent or mickey mouse at best. It would be a good system for a very basic sort of business where these features are not necessary. In the case of my customer accounting was managed via Accpac integration and MRP by our own application.

Dolibarr is very fancy and pretty for sure but is nowhere near the level of webERP. I am continually amazed at what we can achieve with webERP.

As far as ERP goes it is no contest in my opinion.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-24-2017, 03:42 AM,
Hi Paul
I agree. Our company started testing ERPs a couple of months ago and are still in the testing phase, and we dismissed Dolibarr as some critical features. webERP so far is the one that will fit our needs the best. Their import/export feature is actually what impressed me the most, but we fell short with the rest.
12-28-2017, 05:29 AM,
Hi, we have just developed a CSV import utility, let me check with our developer and see about releasing that functionality to the community.