Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-alphanumeric characters in supplier ID
04-06-2013, 06:33 AM,
RE: Non-alphanumeric characters in supplier ID
I'm glad there is some tolerance for these characters, but ampersands and apostrophes do not work perfectly well (not that I had expected them to.)

For example, AT&T's ID is... well... AT&T. If I do a vendor search on "AT&T" in the partial code field, I get no results. If I just search for "AT", AT&T is in the results, but if I select it, I get a red error box above the Vendor Data table on SelectSupplier.php: "ERROR Message Report : The date does not appear to be in a valid format. The date being converted from SQL format was: " The same error message shows at the top of Suppliers.php (and all inputs are blanked out) if I choose "Modify Or Delete Vendor Details" on SelectSupplier.php.

We have another vendor with an apostrophe in the ID. That one doesn't give me an error on SelectSupplier.php if I select it, but if I go to edit details, the apostrophe is escaped with a \ in the query string parameter to Suppliers.php and the invalid date format error shows there and the inputs come up blank. If I take out the escape character in the query string, the vendor loads just fine. However, if I try to save any changes, I get yelled at for having an invalid supplier ID.

I'm not surprised that these don't work, I just wanted to point out what happens with these two specific characters. The vendor with the leading space and the ones with hyphens seem to be behaving "normally."

I realize I'm breaking conventions here, but I just wanted to point out that certain non-standard characters will definitely break things differently than others, and that the error messages are obviously not indicating what's really going on.

Thanks for the input, y'all...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-alphanumeric characters in supplier ID - by Daudi - 04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Non-alphanumeric characters in supplier ID - by etainse - 04-05-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Non-alphanumeric characters in supplier ID - by SMT Corp - 04-06-2013, 06:33 AM