Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Orders With Multiple Items - Context?
11-29-2018, 05:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 05:26 AM by VortecCPI.)
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items - Not Working
Yes I believe you are 100% correct about that. My testing was just that and I was not being keenly aware of context.

But let's be sure... Let's say we are manufacturing as per above:

item 1: an aluminium box
item 2: aluminium off-cuts

Both items require consumables such as weld wire. We fail xray and end up grinding the weld and using more wire than anticipated. While that cost does belong at the top item it would still be nice to know where the cost came from.

Let's say we use extra weld wire on #1 but use less weld wire on #2. While the variance at the top may be zero it does not always mean things went the way we planned.

Perhaps that is a bit too deep?
Please rest assured I am NOT trying to make webERP something it is not intended to be as designed. I am simply trying to make sure I fully understand the context in which Work Orders were designed for use. Some of the issues I have encountered are due to my not knowing the design of the system and I am grateful all your input and insight.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items - by phil - 11-27-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items - Not Working - by VortecCPI - 11-29-2018, 05:23 AM