Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Order - Inventory Value Mismatch
12-04-2018, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 01:39 AM by VortecCPI.)
RE: Work Order - Inventory Value Mismatch
So... Going back to basics...

On line 248 of 4.14.1 we have:
PHP Code:
if (($Cost $ItemCostRow['labourcost'] + $ItemCostRow['overheadcost']) != $ItemCostRow['cost']){ //the cost roll-up cost <> standard cost 

But on lines 269 and 288 of 4.14.1 we have:
PHP Code:
..._('cost was') . ' ' $ItemCostRow['cost'] . ' ' _('changed to') . ' ' $Cost... 

Should not these three lines of code share the exact same math? Either the comparison on line 248 is wrong or the narrative on lines 269 and 288 is wrong.

On line 258 of 4.14.1 we have:
PHP Code:
$ValueOfChange $ItemCostRow['totalqoh'] * (($Cost $ItemCostRow['labourcost'] + $ItemCostRow['overheadcost']) - $ItemCostRow['cost']); 

Since $ValueOfChange is written to the GL that leads me to believe lines 268 and 288 are writing incorrect narratives to the GL.

Should not the code on lines 268 and 288 in 4.14.1 be:
PHP Code:
..._('cost was') . ' ' $ItemCostRow['cost'] . ' ' _('changed to') . ' ' . ($Cost $ItemCostRow['labourcost'] + $ItemCostRow['overheadcost'])... 

Okay... I have tried this all again with a clean DB and same results. When receiving M parts from WO with Labour and/or Overhead Std Cost values at the top parent level these costs are lost. GL entries only account for Labour and/or Overhead Std Cost values at the BoM item level.

Simple to see... Take any M part and assign to it Labour and/or Overhead Std Cost values. Put that part into a WO and receive the WO. GL values are off because Labour and/or Overhead Std Cost values at the top parent level are not included. Should not those values go into WIP while WO is processed and then back to inventory when items are received?

So... Is this as expected and, if so, should we not disallow entry of Labour and Overhead Std Cost values values at the top parent level? Since I see no Labour nor Overhead Std Cost values in WO Costing I must assume these are not to be used at the top parent level?

I am using 4.14.1 with Standard Costing with GL stock integration.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Work Order - Inventory Value Mismatch - by VortecCPI - 12-04-2018, 12:26 AM