Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Error. 3.11 to 4.09.1 (Database Upgrade Not Performing)
12-27-2012, 12:21 AM,
Upgrade Error. 3.11 to 4.09.1 (Database Upgrade Not Performing)
I am currently running 3.11. I've been running webERP for about 5 years or so.

I tried to upgrade from 3.11 to 4.0.1 back when it was released (a long time ago) but that did not work. When I did that, I did a file compare and changed a few things to my liking, then decided to perform the upgrade. I figured maybe it was my changes that caused the error. I tried getting support from the weberp community but eventually just gave up and lived with 3.11.

This time, however, I did not alter 4.0.9. I uploaded it just as it is and then tried running the upgrade. My message was this:

INFORMATION Message : This script will perform any modifications to the database required to allow the additional functionality in later scripts.
The webERP code is version 4.09.1 and the database version is 4.0.1
Click to do a database backup now before proceeding!

I tried clicking the link to do the backup, and a new window appeared. After several seconds the window was done spinning and I clicked the "Perform Database Upgrade". Nothing happened.

I then figured maybe it thinks I have a valid 4.0.1 database, so I went into MySQL and changed from 4.0.1 to 3.11 and did the same steps as above, and got the same results.

I think I've always had issues with upgrading. I'm not sure if I have some sort of database error or system setting.

My site is hosted by a separate company, so I can only do so much tweaking with settings.

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Error. 3.11 to 4.09.1 (Database Upgrade Not Performing) - by sunshinelock - 12-27-2012, 12:21 AM