Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Last address field could be country...
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM,
RE: Last address field could be country...
Hi Tim:

(09-11-2012, 12:00 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: A problem with adding this abstraction level in is that the array would need to be downloaded with each page that it is used on, which will increase the page size considerably in those cases, which is not really in line with the guidelines.

So, which is your idea, should we go for a DB table (even with the translation problem) or should we go for the array?

(09-11-2012, 12:00 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: Also whilst the concept of what exactly is a country sounds obvious in theory, but in practice people can get very emotional over it. For example is Northern Ireland a country or is it just part of the UK, or even is it part of Ireland? The answer very much depends on who you ask, and this holds true for lots of countries.

Well... personally I'm one of those feeling emotional for this issue, and would be happy to find my country into the list I sent few days ago, but it is not there (yet...).

BUT, almost 99,99% of software around us have the "country" field. When you buy anything, register in almost any website or even open a gmail account, you are required a country field. So, I think the "official" list can be very simple, is the one of the UN members.

Also, everyone is able to add or delete entries into their own installation, so webERP is not forcing to a "offcial table". I will for sure add some entries to the official table Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Regards,
Pak Ricard

Messages In This Thread