Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a text field to Sales Orders that will show up on Invoices
08-31-2016, 02:04 PM,
Add a text field to Sales Orders that will show up on Invoices
Hi all!

Just wondering what would be the best way to go about adding a field that can be editing during the order creation process and that will then appear on the invoice for that order? I provide services on a project basis, and it's useful for my clients (and myself!) to have a general description of what project I'm invoicing for. Since a lot of my time is billed hourly over several days, I would love to be able to enter that "project description" when creating the order with the first day's line item, and then have it automagically show up on the eventual invoice.

My current idea is to re-purpose/rename the "Comments" field from the Delivery Details and then alter ConfirmDispatch_Invoice.php so that the (also renamed) "Invoice Text" is auto-filled with the Delivery Details "Comments". This seems to me to be the simplest change that will achieve my goals.

The other option would be to create new fields specifically for the purpose, but I see that as being more work for not any much more payoff.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

-Russ

Messages In This Thread
Add a text field to Sales Orders that will show up on Invoices - by Russell Ault - 08-31-2016, 02:04 PM