Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
gltrans amount uses double and not decimal
07-27-2017, 06:29 AM,
RE: gltrans amount uses double and not decimal
Thanks Mark for the article. That explains it very well.
Here is what I have discovered over the past year.
double should probably not be used in gltrans, debtortrans or debtortranstaxes. (I am only commenting on the Sales and Receivable side). I have spoken with several people about how their currencies function (India and Mexico for specific) and found that they have decimal only to two places like USD even though an exchange rate may go to several places, you can only complete the trans action to two places. We have using discount percent and Sales Tax (VAT Tax) to 4 places (QUEBEC uses 9.975% for tax and NY will go to multiples of .125 (eg. 7.875%) in some local auth's. We have made changes to make the correct rounding calculations for price extensions and calculated taxes at the line level. We also isolated discount rounding problems by making use of the salesglpostings by separating the discounts from the qty * price when posting into gl (hats off to webERP for allowing the salesglppostings to break this out!). So much more was found. So little space to discuss.
Later, BillSmile

Messages In This Thread
RE: gltrans amount uses double and not decimal - by Bill Schlaerth - 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM