Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dashboard showing false amounts owed
04-24-2015, 11:01 AM,
Dashboard showing false amounts owed
Have just finished completely transitioning one of our companies over to webERP. Love the system.

Ran into a slight problem on the dashboard -- random invoices (purchases and sales) are registering as being not yet paid *only on the dashboard* and cluttering the outstanding payables/receivables sections.

When I dug into the database, everything is paid and allocated correctly, as I expected, but it looks like there is a problem with certain orders that have long decimals (something like 1.258568809). When these are subtracted from each other, the decimal handling results in a tiny 'overdue' amount (0.0000000759).

QUESTION: Is there something (either an overlooked/misunderstood setting OR a mis-entry of the invoices, etc) that I'm overlooking that is causing this, or is it a known quirk? (I didn't see this particular problem mentioned on the forum)

POSSIBLE ANSWER: I wrapped all the SUM commands in the SQL queries in Dashboard.php in TRUNCATE(SUM(...),2) so that any irrelevant calculation-induced trailing decimal places were just cut off. This fixed the dashboard.

QUESTION 2: Can anybody see any problem with this approach?

Thank you all!

--
Timothy Snowden
Solid Rock Design Co.

Messages In This Thread
Dashboard showing false amounts owed - by SolidRockDesignCo - 04-24-2015, 11:01 AM