Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
02-12-2015, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 12:06 AM by agaluski.)
Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
We buy raw materials tied to a market index. So we may place a P/O for a product at .75/LB. We receive the material and an invoice (for .75/LB) and then we sell it. A week or two later we may get a Credit Note from our supplier that is .02/LB market correction. So we really owe them .73/LB for the material we bought (and already sold)
Is the following situation a bug? If I enter a Supplier Invoice and tie it to the GRN and use the same Qty originally invoiced but use .02 Price discount I get a posting that puts the Original Std Cost @ time of receipt back into GR Suspense. I reduce my A/P by .02/Lb and the difference goes into Purchase Price variance account. GR suspense now shows a liability we will never have and my variance account is WAY off (part of Cost of Sales). Also - my average cost is updates to .02 (assume no existing OH qty) instead of .73. Ideally I would like to see this be a simple transaction - A/P and P/O Variance. And have my recent sales analysis and stockmoves updated (Like they are when invoicing, although this can be improved). I know I can enter the Credit against the G/L but then my salesanalysis and stockmoves used for sales inquiry with GPA%) won't be updated. These are used quite heavily.
Anybody else have a similar situation? I guess a flag would be needed to tell the system this is 1) a reversal and perform the full transaction with GR Suspense or 2) this is a 'discount' or price adjustment
Another option is I can enter a credit note for the entire original amount of the original invoice and match that to the supptrans so now I owe $0 and then enter the net amount as a third invoice but now my system has 3 transactions for 2 supplier documents
Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP - by agaluski - 02-12-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP - by phil - 02-12-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP - by agaluski - 02-12-2015, 11:23 PM