Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New feature for Manufacturing module discussion
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM,
New feature for Manufacturing module discussion
Dear all:

I'd like to open a thread to discuss new feature needed for Manufacturing.

1) BOM version control.

BOM Plays a key role in ERP. It'll impact the result of MRP, the cost calculation of accounting, issuing material to production etc. So It is reasonable to store the version for the BOM. Then it'll bring more benefit to Engineering change and related issues management.

2)Klaus has some suggestion in another thread about MRP, and I just brought it here:

eoq: maybe this is a terminalogy problem.

item and stockmaster has an eoq.
purchase data has a minumum order quantity and leadtime.

leadtime from purchasedata (also for preferred supplier) is used, minumum order quantity from same table is ignored.

If we suggest PO's, either we ignore all info from purchase data, or we should use it.

I propose:

to use eoq as a quantity seen from my companies side (however the minumum order quantity is, I personally always want to order at least eoq

to use minimum order quantity on top of that: if eoq is smaller than minimum order quantity, use that in the proposal PO instead.

If you agree on this change, I can do it and submit it and change the wiki so others know how this is used.

another feature request: for MRP, one could add checkboxes:
x ... use supplier with fastest leadtime
x use supplier with lowest cost
x use supplier with lowest price
x use preferred supplier

That would help planning (e.g. it could show whether a project could be faster by choosing the supplier with the fastest leadtime).

Any comments are highly appreciated!

Best regards!

Exson

Messages In This Thread
New feature for Manufacturing module discussion - by Exsonqu_Qu - 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM