Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installer and prefix
07-28-2013, 01:11 AM,
Installer and prefix
Hi everyone,

I am doing a few cleanups in installer for HTML5 (including stripping out all inline styles) and fixing a few bugs as I go.

I noticed that the Prefix asked for in the installation is added to the database name. I thought the prefix in these installers is usually added to table names so that multiple installs can run in the same database - useful if one has to use a shared database.

Could someone confirm if it should be a prefix to the database as it is now in the installer. Or is it meant to be the prefix to tables?

Thanks,
07-28-2013, 12:54 PM,
RE: Installer and prefix
Ok, got the answer off list, and as I thought it was for just the database as implemented, and not an intended work in progress for table prefix (due to current hard coded table names).

I'm not aware of any practical use case for prefix with database that would benefit here for manual install when one could just type in the required database name into the requested field. Perhaps in some automated install process for a hosting company pre-pending database with user name? Perhaps someone has use cases?

Thanks.
07-29-2013, 12:31 AM,
RE: Installer and prefix
I have gone through installer, stripped inline styles, some small change in format to increase flexibility of styling. Fixed a few typo/bugs, changed some grammar/spelling. Applied some new css to pretty it. No logic changes at this time to code but I will be looking at the database and company name issue (soon).

I was unsure of what colours and styling people prefer. I have kept to business like colours and tried to add some usability into the HTMl5 /CSS applied.

Still some testing to do on browsers. Please let me know if issues.

Thanks,