Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DASHBOARD "Overdue Customer Balances" by different salesman
11-27-2019, 04:00 AM,
DASHBOARD "Overdue Customer Balances" by different salesman
Hi every,

"Overdue Customer Balances" can't be distinguished completely on DASHBOARD by different salesmen.

A Customer "AA", Branch office "AA1" belong to Ali, “AA2" belong to Bill, "AA3" belong to Carol, Ali sold goods to AA1, some money didn't cover, but Bill and Carol all can see this business and amount not covered, It seems not so good, so if possible to set what only theirselves can check their sales?

Alex
11-29-2019, 01:36 AM,
RE: DASHBOARD "Overdue Customer Balances" by different salesman
I'll have to check the handling in that area to see what can be done.
11-29-2019, 03:32 AM,
I don't use this dashboard code, so I don't really know the code and it's hard to comment. However from a quick glance at Dashboard.php I would say the quickest way to do this would be to change the SQL starting at line 87 to show overdue items by Debtor/Branch combination, rather than just Debtor, and then change the condition at line 83 to exclude branches other than the ones belonging to that salesperson. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to figure out the details.

Tim
11-29-2019, 07:32 PM,
(11-29-2019, 03:32 AM)falkoner Wrote: I don't use this dashboard code, so I don't really know the code and it's hard to comment. However from a quick glance at Dashboard.php I would say the quickest way to do this would be to change the SQL starting at line 87 to show overdue items by Debtor/Branch combination, rather than just Debtor, and then change the condition at line 83 to exclude branches other than the ones belonging to that salesperson. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to figure out the details.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Ok, thank you very much! I will try it late.

Alex

11-30-2019, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 02:02 AM by TurboPT.)
It looks like the query filters to a specific sales person.

They may each have their own login, but have any salesperson entries been created so that the Restrict to Sales Person option can be set at user maintenance?
A link to Sales People is on the Setup menu, middle column. Entries created here will appear at the Restrict to Sales Person option.

I'm checking other handling relative to the salesperson filter, which appears to be ok so far.

I setup a sales person entry for myself, and even though I'm admin, I set the restrict option to my entry.
After logout and re-login, the outstanding balances table was blank.
I then unset the restrict option, and after logout and re-login again, the balances reappeared.

So, the sales person handling should be ok.
11-30-2019, 04:37 AM,
Paul, the problem is the case where one customer has multiple branches, and the branches have different sales people allocated to them.
That's why I suggested changing it to a debtor/branch model.

Tim
11-30-2019, 05:02 AM,
Ok, I figured that there might be more to the picture. (seemed a little too simple)
12-02-2019, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 06:03 AM by TurboPT.)
@Alexshen:

Can you try the attached script to see if it achieves the desired goal?

Attached Files
.php   Dashboard.php (Size: 27.8 KB / Downloads: 2)
12-02-2019, 07:16 AM,
(12-02-2019, 05:57 AM)TurboPT Wrote: @Alexshen:

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much, I will try it late

Alex
12-02-2019, 09:16 AM,
(12-02-2019, 07:16 AM)ALEXSHEN Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 05:57 AM)TurboPT Wrote: @Alexshen:

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much, I will try it late

Alex

Hi Paul,

Seems Nothing change, Second salesman still can find the first salesman information under the same Customer different branches.

Alex