Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
language conversion
09-13-2019, 11:14 PM,
language conversion
Hi Tim

Here is a question about language conversion.

When I first started using Weberp, I chose Chinese, so the country and accounting subjects formed by Chinese names, but we may have two operations in two countries:
When a Chinese staff enters customer information and product information, the selected country name is the Chinese name, the financial subjects also in Chinese.
However, when another staff open in English or French version, On the display of the screen and the generation of the report, the financial subjects and country names still retain the Chinese name.
Is it possible to point these country names to a code, then use this code link the full country name by the local language, as well as the financial subjects.

Alex
09-14-2019, 06:56 AM,
RE: language conversion
Hi Alex, it is possible at the moment to have multiple languages for item descriptions. In System Parameters search for "Languages to Maintain Translations for Item Descriptions" and select Chines, English, and French and when you go into Stocks.php you can enter descriptions in all 3 languages.

I have done a lot of work with the European Union, and so wrote the code which enables the GL to be multi language, with the account description, account group descriptions, and account section names to be in multiple languages. I felt this work was a bit esoteric for mainline webERP, though it is in my companies code repositories. It is invasive involving changes to a lot of scripts.

Tim
09-14-2019, 08:35 AM,
RE: language conversion
Hi Tim,

Yes, I understand that this work is very large and complicated, this is not particularly important to me at this moment, I can change some place by my self. but I think it will follow-up become very useful, not only for us also for many users.

Thank you very very much for your reply.

Alex