Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Adjustments of Serialised Product
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM,
Stock Adjustments of Serialised Product
Spent last 7 days assessing 25 different ERPs. Selected WebERP, so am determined to make this work.

Come across issue with serialised products. Can't seem to find help via search. Most likely my fault, so happy to take advice on board.

In the test system ...
1. Receive serialised product 'x' from WO to Stock Location 'Portacabin1'; serial number 00000005.
2. Intended to test removing the stock using Stock Adjustment, but instead I erroneously added another 'x' to stock using the same serial number 00000005 (which the system allowed).
3. Stock is therefore 2, but I assume that I only have one serial number.

Question 1: Should we able to add duplicate serial numbers?

... so to fix my error ...

I tried to fix it with a Stock Adjustment of 2 from Stock Location 'Portacabin1' to remove all stock. But when I select the part and stock location 'Portacabin1' there is a warning message 'There does not appear to be any 'x' left in MEL'. MEL most likely relates to Stock Location 'Melborne'. I get the same 'MEL' message regardless of which Stock Location is selected at the entry screen.

Question 2: Why can't I see the serial numbers in Stock Location 'Portacabin1' in this screen?

Attached picture of screens and table stockserialitems

Would much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Attached Files
.pdf   Serialised Stock Adjustment Issue.pdf (Size: 42.45 KB / Downloads: 4)
03-21-2013, 05:42 AM,
RE: Stock Adjustments of Serialised Product
Look in stock status - and then you can choose to see the serial numbers in each location.

If an item is defined as controlled - but not serialised then it is possible to have any number of the lot/batch/roll if the item is controlled and serialised then "there can be only one" of them.

It sounds like there maybe a bug here I will have to research and come back.

It would be useful I agree to see the serial/batch/roll/lot numbers available at the location. The functionality has never been written.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-21-2013, 01:21 PM,
Thanks Phil. Much appreciated. Wish I could offer to do the development work - just not clever enough. Ask if you need more information or would like me to test revised code. Take care.

03-21-2013, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM by phil.)
I just checked and it is not possible to add a serilaised item to the same location twice to end up with two of the item with the same serial number!!
I think this was just because you had the item set as controlled - BUT not also serialised. It must be set to serialised if you wish to only have one of it.
So in answer to Question 1 - yes you can add multiple items of the same LOT/Batch/Roll when an items is controlled (but is not seriliased) - and NO you cannot add multiple items of the same serial number when the items is defined as controlled AND serialised.

In answer to Question 2 - if you select the location where the stock is and you hit the remove items in the stock adjustment screen the serial items (or LOT/BATCH/ROLL references) that currently exist at that location display for you to select - as we agreed was a good idea - and it IS implemented.

It is my guess that you have the location MEL selected and you really wanted "Portacabin1"
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz