Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRP > Create Purchase Order(s) - SOLVED
02-07-2018, 06:04 AM,
RE: MRP > Create Purchase Order(s)
Missing empty cell (to the planned work orders file, as was applied to the planned purchase orders file) and updated code consistencies between both files committed to SVN.
02-07-2018, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 06:46 AM by VortecCPI.)
Paul... Thank you for not being irritated with my critique... I do it with the greatest of respect to your work and to this project.

I would reconcile the code myself but as I have so little experience with webERP I can not make the call as to which code base should be the "master" for the other to follow. I fear if I get in there I might not reconcile the code in the best manner and somebody would still have to clean it up in the end.

Thank you for all your help and all your patience!!!
Looking at the two files now... Wow... It is a thing of beauty!

A long way from where the code was not too long ago.

Well done!!!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
02-07-2018, 07:25 AM,
Thanks for that feedback! (I'm not easily irritated)

Those two files were not so bad, but with other files it can sometimes takes 2 or 3 (if not a couple more) iterations to get them 'normalized'.
02-08-2018, 09:35 PM,
On the subject of code formatting I use a customised version of PHP Beautifier ( http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_Beautifier ) to enforce standard code formatting on our code. If anyone is interested in this drop me a line.

Tim
02-09-2018, 02:39 AM,
Also, now that Paul has added the ability to review to the planned purchase order screen what do we gain by having the print to PDF button, and all the PDF code? By utilising Rapahel's print.css file and adding the noprint css class to a couple of buttons we can just print this report directly from the review screen. Those that want to have a PDF can still print to a PDF file via the browsers print dialog.

We could save a whole load of code, a whole load of maintenance work, and we just allow the browser to sort any positioning or word wrap issues.

Tim
02-09-2018, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 03:20 AM by TurboPT.)
I'll have to get a better understanding of the CSS printing. Doesn't seem too bad, from what little that I've seen, I've just not had the opportunity to realize its potential.

The only possible minor gain of PDF, that I can see, is for users that still want a PDF output (as others want .doc, .xls, etc. formats) instead of a browser-printed output. Printed browser page(s) are not as "email-able" for some users that don't know about printing to file. (or having to re-scan the document to email) Of course, I could be naive this aspect.

So, know that I'm NOT against eventual PDF elimination, as I agree it is tough on the maintenance and coding effort.