Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accentuated characters not displayed in some PDFs
12-25-2017, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2017, 02:24 AM by HDeriauFF.)
Accentuated characters not displayed in some PDFs
Some (NOT ALL) PDF files do not render correctly some accentuated characters (not all, I found the a circumflex for now, but the e acute and grave are correctly displayed) in some headings - it seems to be affecting the category name in all documents that use it, every time the category name is displayed next to the category code, notably in
- count sheets
- inventory quantities
- inventory planning

Attached Files
.pdf   weberp_Stock_Count_Sheets_2017-12-24.pdf (Size: 6.88 KB / Downloads: 8)
12-27-2017, 01:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 01:06 AM by TimSchofield.)
RE: Accentuated characters not displayed in some PDFs
I am having trouble repeating this. I have tried stock categories with both â & ê in their description and in their codes. They both appear to print OK on the reports you name.

Can you run a check to see the ASCII code for the characters that aren't printing? Do they print OK on the screen?

Tim
Just for my interest, you appear to be using the system in France, or at least a Francophone country. How do you get webERP to work with the Plan Comptable Général? We have done a lot of work for the EU but we had to do some major changes to get the PCG to work to their satisfaction.

Tim
12-27-2017, 01:27 AM,
RE: Accentuated characters not displayed in some PDFs
(12-27-2017, 01:00 AM)falkoner Wrote: I am having trouble repeating this. I have tried stock categories with both â & ê in their description and in their codes. They both appear to print OK on the reports you name.

Can you run a check to see the ASCII code for the characters that aren't printing? Do they print OK on the screen?

Tim
Just for my interest, you appear to be using the system in France, or at least a Francophone country. How do you get webERP to work with the Plan Comptable Général? We have done a lot of work for the EU but we had to do some major changes to get the PCG to work to their satisfaction.

Tim

The stock category names are correctly rendered on screen in all pages where they appear (including phpMyAdmin). it's the ASCII 131 that seems to have issues in PDFs: the a circumflex.
Pȃtés and Foie Gras becomes P?tés and Foie Gras in PDFs category name only (all product names in the report are rendered correctly : Hénaff Hénaff pâté 153g (5.4 oz) has the correct accentuated a.

We are a U.S. based French Food importer/distributor, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you with the PCG as we use a U.S. accounting system.