Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Payment to Supplier [SOLVED]
04-17-2017, 10:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017, 11:05 PM by trentmurgatroyd.)
Payment to Supplier [SOLVED]
When I try this (Payments.php - trunk version)
/* $Id: Payments.php 7751 2017-04-13 16:34:26Z rchacon $*/
I get a screen which has the Payment type of nothing. The source shows an missing lookup
Quote:<b>Database Error 1054</b> : <br />Unknown column 'percentdiscount' in 'field list'</div><div class="error"><b>Database SQL Failure</b> : The SQL that failed was<br />SELECT paymentid,
paymentname,
paymenttype,
receipttype,
percentdiscount
FROM paymentmethods
ORDER by paymentname
The DB table doesn't have the columns referenced - is my install in need of an update/adjustment?
Trent Murgatroyd
trent@murgatroyd.za.net
whatsapp/viber:+27718987802
pidgin/XMPP:t13@jabb.im/t14@jabb.im
04-18-2017, 08:10 AM,
RE: Payment to Supplier
It would appear you are running the latest code from subversion?

Assuming this, you need to run the sql in file sql/mysql/upgrade4.13.1-4.14.sql to update your database.

Tim
04-18-2017, 01:15 PM,
Hi all, is there a general rule which indicates the need to manually update the db? I recently switched to use trunk, and had assumed any db updates would run automatically. How can I tell when I need to manually update? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Dale
http://www.dalescott.net
04-18-2017, 01:20 PM,
DB changes only update automatically when there is a new version. The system looks at the version in ConnectDB.inc and compares this against the version in the DB in config table. The script ConnectDB.inc only gets changes when new versions are released so the comparison will show you working on an older version than the trunk.
If you are running from the trunk you need to look for changes in:

sql/mysql/updateXXXX-YYYY.sql

where XXXX is the current version
and YYYY is still "a twinkle"
and apply any additions manually to your DB.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
04-18-2017, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017, 05:14 PM by trentmurgatroyd.)
Thank you everyone.
I can't tell you how amazing it is to have access and assistance from a community of helpful people who are knowledgable and willing to contribute.
ERP is fairly bewildering for a novice, but the inputs from everyone make it learnable.

Thanks to you all
Trent Murgatroyd
trent@murgatroyd.za.net
whatsapp/viber:+27718987802
pidgin/XMPP:t13@jabb.im/t14@jabb.im