Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to upgrade to latest release
11-14-2012, 07:10 AM,
How to upgrade to latest release
Hi, I couldn't find a definitive answer to this.

If I want to upgrade to the latest release, what is the correct method?

Do I just download the latest zip file and extract over my existing installation?

Do I have to copy the .config file from the old to the new?

I have version 4.08.4 installed.

Thanks

Trevor
11-14-2012, 07:28 AM,
RE: How to upgrade to latest release
(11-14-2012, 07:20 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: Yes, just log out all clients copy the files over and then log back in, there will be some database updates required but you should be prompted on what to do.

Thanks
Tim

So no messing about with the config.php file then?
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM,
(11-14-2012, 07:42 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: No, the upgrade shouldn't include a config.php file so it wont get over written. You should keep a backup of that file though anyway.

What about the companies folder? Should I back that up?
11-14-2012, 08:04 AM,
(11-14-2012, 07:53 AM)revrora Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 07:42 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: No, the upgrade shouldn't include a config.php file so it wont get over written. You should keep a backup of that file though anyway.

What about the companies folder? Should I back that up?
Aren't you already backing everything up, just as a general IT security process for your Web-Erp system ?

My server runs Rsync every day, and produces a Monday to Sunday backup of the database, the company folder, the pictures folder etc in case I want to roll back at any point.

Cheers
Terry
11-14-2012, 08:27 AM,
(11-14-2012, 08:04 AM)tim_schofield Wrote: Assuming you have a different name for your company directory than weberpdemo it won't matter as it wont be overwritten. There shouldn't be a need to backup anything, but I always like to keep a copy of config.php saved elsewhere.

Thanks
Tim

I have now run the update and it worked perfectly Big Grin
Thanks for the help Tim.

Terry, I do back up daily yes. I just like to know what's relevant before upgrading to save any stress later Wink