Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
POS
01-15-2012, 08:53 AM,
POS
PS Is there a point of sale option for WebERP or e-commerce options? I
would like to replace opencart with a integrated erp option I managed
to get WebERP installed today just need to learn how to use it now.

I am researching different ERP options as part of my final year
honours project.

Kind Regards
Stuart Tanner
01-15-2012, 08:55 AM,
RE: POS
    I am writing a Python POS for webERP that uses the webERP API to get all the data... had written a chunk in a language called Genie, but I think it was too obscure and Python support for XML-RPC is much better. It works on both Windows and *nix - based on GTK 2.

I still have to do a fair bit to complete it, but will be looking for a business to work with the get usability sorted.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
01-15-2012, 01:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM by terryp.)
Hi Stuart,
Have you looked at Cartweberp ?
I'll be trying it out next week with a fully populated WebERP, and will report how it goes.

Cheers
Terry

http://www.joomlamo.com/joomlamo/weberp-...eberp.html

CARTwebERP is a shopping cart component that integrates with webERP accounting system. The author, Mo Kelly, is one of the developers of webERP. While changing accounting systems is very difficult, it may be time that you changed. When and why should you change accounting systems? Please read 'About Us' for our opinion on the right time to change.

If you are a start up, the best advantage you can have over existing competition is you can choose the latest platform for your information systems. Having a significantly lower total cost of ownership for your IT endeavors and the ability to integrate with any device on the internet, gives you the edge!

If you are already using webERP, you can begin selling from your shopping cart in minutes after installation. The terms, credit limits, account status, pricing,product pictures, product pdf brochures and customer records entered in webERP are used in CARTwebERP to provide your customer the easiest way to shop and place orders. Once the order is placed, you have an order on your accounting system. Nothing to synchronize or import. If they pay with credit card or paypal then an entry is made in webERP for the payment to apply against the invoice. Now there is a plug in that allows you to put a little shopping cart in any article!
CARTwebERP is a Joomla!® extension released with source code under the GPL License.

The 5 minute video demo is a real time demonstration of a complete installation and 1st sale. For a full software demo click here. For a better understanding of the software please call Mo at 1-214-415-1725 for a free, no obligation, guided tour between 8 am and 5 pm CST (USA). It takes about 20 minutes, we can spend more if you like.

Five minutes to install and make a sale! That is just the tip of the iceberg, there are daily time savings with only one database to maintain. For a seamless integration between web site, shopping cart, and accounting system, the combination of Joomla!® with CARTwebERP integrated with webERP cannot be beat!
01-15-2012, 08:39 PM,
We are using Mo's cart for webERP for at least 2 years now. It works 95% OK on Joomla!1.5 and now we are migrating our website to Joomla!1.7 just to get the best of the cart. Support from Mo has been good, we found some bugs and he fixed them.

If you are using webERP, I think Mo's cart is THE way to go for a e-commerce option. no import, no sync, nothing at all. One change in webERP gets reflected on website instantly, and viceversa.

P.D. We are not commercially related to Mo in any way, just a satisfied customer.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
01-23-2012, 03:48 AM,
We have modified the 4.06 Counter Sale module. It would be good to see the python model that Phil is working with. We would love to Beta test it.

Danie (cant remember his surname) in South Africa and a chap called John Bester have developed a Java model that is working for a company in Cape Town, South Africa.

Our problem is still the speed turnaround with a customer in front of you and the tender type problem. A true POS should be a "Slaved Terminal" principal so NO other software is running except the POS. Another issue is the spooling to a variety of printers and their drivers.

The other issue is the back office software that goes with Counter sales such as the "counter sales person" doing his cash up and matching tendering types to the GL - etc.

Clinton Johns
01-23-2012, 05:23 AM,
I have a restaurant pos on my to do list as well. Speed, reliability, and ability to run if the network goes down are the main issues that I have to solve before I make technology choices. With a line of 20 hungry people at the register, internet slowness or even local location network failures cannot stop the show.

I have thought that a workstation or tablet that could have a local web server running as the main place for code to run could be one of the answers. Local copies of menus and code to run the order, millisecond by millisecond could do the bulk of the work. Queries for customer records and posting of orders would attempt connection to a network or internet server, but if that failed they could still take orders and somehow print them out. There must be a complete hidden audit trail as employees could try to steal once they knew that remote independence could happen.

Larry
01-23-2012, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM by phil.)
(01-23-2012, 03:48 AM)ClintonJohns Wrote: We have modified the 4.06 Counter Sale module. It would be good to see the python model that Phil is working with. We would love to Beta test it.

Danie (cant remember his surname) in South Africa and a chap called John Bester have developed a Java model that is working for a company in Cape Town, South Africa.

Our problem is still the speed turnaround with a customer in front of you and the tender type problem. A true POS should be a "Slaved Terminal" principal so NO other software is running except the POS. Another issue is the spooling to a variety of printers and their drivers.

The other issue is the back office software that goes with Counter sales such as the "counter sales person" doing his cash up and matching tendering types to the GL - etc.

Clinton Johns

Good to hear Danie is still kicking :-) Danie's surname is "Brink" he always had plenty of ideas.

Are there any mods to CounterSales.php that would be worth bringing back in??

The POS I am working on is exactly as you describe... it can run for long periods without any network connectivity... but have a connection to get the updated webERP data and send back charges and receipts. It works with an sqlite back end. Pulls all the data it needs from webERP over xml-rpc with a little bit of configuration. Customers, stock items, prices, payment terms, methods etc.. Of course this is only a few second job in the demo data but this could be a bit of data in a large install. I would envisage this as an after hours job. I am thinking this should be a separate program that could be run as a scheduled job. I've attached a couple of screenshots.

.html   Manual.html (Size: 9.76 KB / Downloads: 53)

The work I have left is some of the fun/hard stuff and I only do this in my spare time... I have to send the sales and receipts back to webERP and produce a receipt/ open the cash drawer. I am only thinking of printing to a receipt printer. If a webERP invoice is required then it would need to be pulled off webERP once the sale has come back into webERP. When I have it useable I will
send you a PM.

I am thinking of flogging this as an add-on as it is really not part of webERP and have moved this to the new "Market" forum as you suggested we should start.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM by PakRicard.)
We are also using a heavily modified CounterSales.php and would be happy to hear about this add on once ready or when you need any testing.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
04-07-2012, 01:55 AM,
Hello Phil

I'm reading you are writing POS module, I would like to know is POS module is enable to downlaod or not yet ?
Thank you in advance
Can
04-07-2012, 08:23 AM,
It will not be a free download.
It cannot print receipts yet, which a fairly fundamental requirement of a POS and I will have to purchase a receipt printer. I am wondering if it is worth me spending on a receipt printer to complete it.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd