Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF text justification on 4.13.1
01-24-2017, 10:39 AM,
PDF text justification on 4.13.1
Hi all:

Since 4.13.1 all PDF changed the way some texts were justified. It used to be flush left but now it's justified to both margins.
I think it should be reverted to previous flush left as now it is quite difficult to read most of the texts.
Please check attached file (an image is worth a thousand words).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards,
Pak Ricard
01-24-2017, 06:46 PM,
RE: PDF text justification on 4.13.1
I think it was this commit

https://sourceforge.net/p/web-erp/code/7631/

Tim
01-24-2017, 06:57 PM,
Thanks Tim.

Exson (and all other developers): Is it OK if I roll back this commit, or you need to keep it?
Regards,
Pak Ricard
01-25-2017, 06:37 AM,
Agreed - that looks like a mistake to me ... I think so!
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-06-2017, 05:28 PM,
Hi, Richard,
It's a fix (infer by the text described). But I've overlooked that lots of the scripts based on this wrong function.
It's ok to roll it back. But we have to find other way to implement text justification.
Sorry for the late reply.
Best regards!
Exson
02-09-2017, 03:36 AM,
(02-06-2017, 05:28 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Hi, Richard,
It's a fix (infer by the text described). But I've overlooked that lots of the scripts based on this wrong function.
It's ok to roll it back. But we have to find other way to implement text justification.
Sorry for the late reply.
Best regards!
Exson

We are finding many problems throughout the scripts with respect to text alignment. We have made a small change to line 83 in /includes/class.pdf.php:

function addTextWrap($XPos, $YPos, $Width, $Height, $Text, $Align='left', $border=0, $fill=0) {

Making 'left' be the default justification.

We are finding that there are a lot of scripts where the alignment is incorrect. We are making changes as we find the errors. The above change corrected the majority.

We just made changes in /includes/PDFStockTransferHeader.inc to reasonably position the column headers starting at line 35 changing 'centre' to 'left':

$LeftOvers = $pdf->addTextWrap($Xpos,$YPos,300-$Left_Margin,$FontSize, _('Item Number'), 'left');
$LeftOvers = $pdf->addTextWrap($Xpos+75,$YPos,300-$Left_Margin,$FontSize, _('Description'), 'left');
$LeftOvers = $pdf->addTextWrap($Xpos+250,$YPos,300-$Left_Margin,$FontSize, _('Transfer From'), 'left');
$LeftOvers = $pdf->addTextWrap($Xpos+350,$YPos,300-$Left_Margin,$FontSize, _('Transfer To'), 'left');
$LeftOvers = $pdf->addTextWrap($Xpos+450,$YPos,300-$Left_Margin,$FontSize, _('Quantity'), 'left');