Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to webERP, some strange bugs
08-04-2012, 06:15 AM,
New to webERP, some strange bugs
Hey guys,

I'm checking out webERP to compare vs other open source systems as well as commercial pay-for systems. With a new demo installation, I've come across the following issues:

Creating a new customer, it asks for phone number & fax. It seems to do nothing with this information. After creating the customer and creating the branch, then going back to view or modify customer details, these fields don't exist. I also see no place for the data in the MySQL table. I am not able to search by phone to find this customer.

After creating the new branch, the success message contains backslashes for quotes in the company name (magic quotes is turned off, it doesn't do this anywhere else so far)

I'm using webERP version 4.08.4
08-08-2012, 02:17 AM,
RE: New to webERP, some strange bugs
I've tracked down another bug regarding slashes. When making a quotation, if there is an apostrophe in the company name, there is a slash in the resulting printable quote. The reason follows.

The form submission submits to DeliveryDetails.php
DeliveryDetails.php adds slashes to all $_POST variables using DB_escape_string
Later on in DeliveryDetails.php, DB_escape_string is called again on the same variable when it is put into the SQL string.

This double escaping causes slashes to appear in the database and in the printed quote.
08-10-2012, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 06:42 AM by phil.)
RE: New to webERP, some strange bugs
Thanks for this feedback ... will update the scripts to remedy.
The phone number/fax/email is held by branch ... as a customer with several locations the contact detail for each is required. There is also the possibility of adding contacts for any number of personnel of a customer.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz