Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bringing WebERP into a New Tableless UI Design
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM,
RE: Bringing WebERP into a New Tableless UI Design
(09-11-2012, 12:03 PM)phil Wrote: Not sure if you saw on the list Hindra... Exson reported that the new css doesn't work for our IE friends!! Any ideas?

Hi Phil,

Which list? In these web forum?

The new themes was intended for modern browsers, like IE 9 and the rests.

But if you really like to reach olders browsers as well, I'll try to broaden its compatibility... probably with some little trade-offs...

Best regards,
Hindra Joshua

09-12-2012, 05:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM by phil.)
The main developers mailing list.
Yes I think IE 8 is still widely used and we need to support it as painful as it is.
He was going to release the new themes with the latest stable release but realised the problem - so we now have two releases one for most folks using a sensible browser and another for the unwashed still using IE8!
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
09-18-2012, 08:59 AM,
Hey guyz,

i was trying to install professional RTL ,it looks messed up !!

I unzipped and uploaded the folder to css folder like other templates, but it's some how looks like this

am i missing anything Exclamation ??

P.S I've cleaned the cache

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-18-2012, 12:16 PM,
(09-18-2012, 08:59 AM)digirizon Wrote: Hey guyz,

i was trying to install professional RTL ,it looks messed up !!

I unzipped and uploaded the folder to css folder like other templates, but it's some how looks like this

am i missing anything Exclamation ??

P.S I've cleaned the cache

Hi digirizon,

Have you tried to 'force reload' the page! (it will refresh the CSS cache).

Anyway, what browser and version are you using?

The new UI themes are intended for modern browsers (mostly CSS3 compliant), ie: > IE9, and all newer browsers!

The easy fix is really as simple as a "browser update!" Big Grin
But, I'll try to help with your situation.

Cheers!

Hindra Joshua
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM,
I'm using the latest chrome & Firefox ! , just updated and cache is removed . no luck : (

it's online by the way, i'll PM the user & pass for you to check if you want

BR

Ali
09-18-2012, 08:51 PM,
(09-18-2012, 07:36 PM)digirizon Wrote: I'm using the latest chrome & Firefox ! , just updated and cache is removed . no luck : (

it's online by the way, i'll PM the user & pass for you to check if you want

BR

Ali

Hi Ali,

If you want to use the new UI themes, please check that you use the correct (latest) 'header.inc', 'footer.inc', and 'index.php', or, please update your version to the latest, ie: webERP.zip 2012-09-10 19.7 MB

Good luck!

NB: the one with 'ieversion' is the old themeing.

Rgds,
Hindra
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM,
Upgraded to latest 4.08.5ieversion..browser cache cleaned ..uploaded latest professional RTL template found in this thread ..still No Luck!!!

I gave up

: (

Ali.
09-19-2012, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012, 02:46 AM by hindraj.)
(09-18-2012, 09:44 PM)digirizon Wrote: Upgraded to latest 4.08.5ieversion..browser cache cleaned ..uploaded latest professional RTL template found in this thread ..still No Luck!!!

I gave up

: (

Ali.

Hi Ali,

Maybe there are not enough description for the two version of the 4.08.5 release. Please see below for some explanation:

The one named "webERP.zip" is the one with the new theming concept, it is designed for all modern browsers, newer version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Android browsers, etc. including IE 9.
I suggest you to download this version. It already has the "professional rtl" theme as you can see on this thread, like this:

This is the one you're looking after, right? It should be close enough... I think! Smile Maybe you can fine tune it by editing the CSS to have some of the text also right-aligned, etc...
Please give me suggestions for the RTL theme! Thanks!

The "webERP4.08.5ieversion.zip", is the one which still has the old theming concept like in all the older versions.

Meanwhile, I'm in the process of broadening the compatibility for the new theming UI to include some of the older browsers like IE 8, IE 7, etc., with some reasonable trade-offs.

PS: Please don't give up! Big Grin

Best regards,
Hindra Joshua
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 03:49 PM by echpoh.)
I would like to volunteer on this collaborative effort into bringing the UI to use proper HTML tags.

I would like to help out to rectify the tags in these particular sections

1) Table data (when data is output in rows)
2) PHP + HTML

#1: Currently the format has a few flaws;

the header section has x columns but the rows has x+2 columns (due to the presence of edit and delete action)
I would like to propose that the header be:
x+1 column, the last column will have a colspan=2, the label for the last column: Actions

then I also propose the headers appear at the top and the bottom and to use thead, tbody and tfoot tags

so here is an example of the generated html for record output;

<table class="selected">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Col1</th>
<th>Col2</th>
<th>Col3</th>
<th>Col4</th>
<th colspan="2">Actions</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Edit</td>
<td>Delete</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Edit</td>
<td>Delete</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Data</td>
<td>Edit</td>
<td>Delete</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
<tfoot>
<tr>
<th>Col1</th>
<th>Col2</th>
<th>Col3</th>
<th>Col4</th>
<th colspan="2">Actions</th>
</tr>
</tfoot>
</table>

#2: PHP + HTML what I mean by this is;

Instead of embedding html code like this;

-----------------------------------------------------------

echo '<div>
<h3>' . $title . '</h3>
</div>';

------------------------------------------------------------

Lets write it like this;
------------------------------------------------------------
?>

<div>
<h3><?php echo $title?></h3>
</div>

<?php
-----------------------------------------------------

The example above is very simplified, but when it gets complicated, it can be very hard to read the code, expecially if the echo statement is spanned in multiple lines

If the administration agrees; I shall be ready to receive my share of assignment.
10-08-2012, 04:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM by phil.)
Yes, if there are issues with table columns not matching as they should then it would be great to have them fixed.

Interesting though in the second example I find scripts written that go in and out of html/php with <?php and ?> peppered all throughout drive me crazy and if there are a lot of php variables to be output then I would far rather just live inside PHP tags with echos for the html output.

Since 99% of the code is written to avoid a surfeit of <?php and ?> I would really like to keep it that way. When an the echo spans multiple lines it is nice to break the line on html tags so we keep new rows on new lines. As per the coding style guide http://www.weberp.org/CodingConventions.html :

Quote:HTML
HTML keywords and tags should be in lower case to improve xhtml compatibility.

HTML table cell tags in echo statements should use carriage returns to keep cells together so it is easy to see what is in each cell.
eg.

echo '<table><tr><td>' . _('Label text') . ':</td><td>' . $SomeVariable . '</td><td>' . _('Some Other Label') . '</td><td align="right">' . number_format($SomeNumber,2) . '</td></tr></table>';

Would be more easily digested and should be written as:

echo '<table>

<tr>

<td>' . _('Label text') . ':</td>
<td>' . $SomeVariable . '</td>
<td>' . _('Some Other Label') . ':</td>
<td align="right">' . number_format($SomeNumber,2) . '</td>

</tr>

</table>';

Carriage returns and indentation should be used in a similar way for printf statements.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz