Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
API for dummies
02-10-2016, 09:46 PM,
API for dummies
Hello,
I'd really need & love API/xAPI for dummies. I've gone through the API bit of the manual but it's off-limits for non-programmers. And the learning curve seems steep for it to make sense.
Alternatively, integration with wordpress would be ideal.

Many thanks
02-15-2016, 11:16 AM,
RE: API for dummies
API means "Application Program Interface" ... so it really is for programmers looking to interface with another application. Agree it is a tricky area alright!
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
10-07-2016, 05:20 AM,
speaking of wordpress, I just installed weberp in /wp-content/webERP/ in my wordpress hosted install. now examining the security, backup and email options involved. (adminer is not a plugin anymore). playon
03-23-2017, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017, 12:42 AM by dalescott.)
Say again @tharpchuk? I'm curious, being a WordPress user myself.What exactly did you do and how did the integration look to the user?

And what about adminer? There was a WordPress plug-in for admirer? What did it do?

Cheers,
Dale
http://www.dalescott.net
03-24-2017, 03:58 AM,
My wordpress install is not a public one meaning that you do have to login. I did put the erp install in /wp-content/erp
Smile when I back up my wordpress it backs up my erp at the same time.
Smile adminer. lets me look and adjust the mysql files/data works good.
Smile seems like I could use wp to make some custom reports from the erp database.
Smile GnuCash is still a primary tool. >ease of input. puts out a reasonable looking report.
chuck.tharp gmail
(intergration) was just an external looking link. still had login page and Dashboard. looked the same.
03-24-2017, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2017, 10:29 AM by dalescott.)
Ok, I understand. Thanks. Smile

I have thought before about adding WebERP to Wordpress. If I was a small company and getting bigger, and I knew about Wordpress, I think I might have, or be thinking about having, a public website and possibly employee intranet based on Wordpress. I might also using, for example QB, and I'm at the point where the basics aren't enough anymore.

In this situation, I think I might use Wordpress to provide the primary user interface for most users, external or internal, and for employees as their primary path to enterprise resources - except for the hard-core financial power users who will live in WebERP.

Wordpress, with an appropriate variety of existing enterprisey-type plugins, would handle general user management, LDAP user authentication, legal-process-quality document control, HR, employee content (e.g. HR policies, up-coming events, and the typical portal stuff), etc. Wordpress would probably also be a good place for the executive dashboards, with nice histograms and pie charts, using the WebERP API or by directly querying the db. Wordpress might also be the best place for employee workflows, such entering and approving time-off and vacation requests, and perhaps also to enter and approve time sheets, with the data going back to WebERP via the API.

Anyway, it's been a thought...
http://www.dalescott.net