Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheque numbers
12-29-2015, 09:28 AM,
Cheque numbers
Has anyone modified payments.php so to record the Cheque numbers in the database? I would like to do this and then have the Cheque next number populate in the next Cheque in the payments.php.
Thanks
Dave
12-29-2015, 11:41 PM,
RE: Cheque numbers
I did something close but not 100% the same. I added a field to banktrans named checkref. In Payments.php I record the Check# that was input by the user into the banktrans record. I do not look for the last check and suggest the next check. In SupplierInquiry.php, BankReconciliation.php and BankMatching.php I display the check# field for reference.
We had the issue of suppliers calling us and asking if we paid an invoice and we couldn't give the check number because it wasn't recorded. This solved that and helped with reconciliation as well. I didn't commit it because I am behind in merging my mods with the trunk and the latest version.
My working version is 4.11.3.
12-29-2015, 11:53 PM,
Thanks for the reply, that is what I am looking for my version is 4.12.3 would you be willing to share the code? I could then work on the last check and suggest the next check and share that back.
Thanks
Dave
12-30-2015, 12:21 AM,
Search for 'checkref' in attached php files.

SQL:
ALTER TABLE `banktrans` ADD `checkref` VARCHAR( 20 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ;

Attached Files
.php   BankReconciliation.php (Size: 14.99 KB / Downloads: 2)
.php   BankMatching.php (Size: 13.19 KB / Downloads: 3)
.php   SupplierInquiry.php (Size: 17.19 KB / Downloads: 2)
.php   Payments.php (Size: 51.08 KB / Downloads: 4)