Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
config.php needs to be deleted (where is it?)
06-02-2012, 07:13 AM,
config.php needs to be deleted (where is it?)
Hi I'm a newbie to webERP and I am attempting an install on Rochen (my hosting company). After uploading and expanding the installation files on the Rochen server, I have set up the Mysql database, user, and user access. Then I proceeded to the Installation directory and (using Firefox) opened the index.php file. I get the following error message.

"A configuration webERP installation already exists - the file config.php in the webERP installation has been created and must be removed before this utility can be re-run."
I have looked for an existing config.php file in all of the directories but I can't find one to delete. Any ideas?

Much obliged.
Shawn McCance
06-02-2012, 08:43 AM,
RE: config.php needs to be deleted (where is it?)
Hi, Shawn McCance:

If you upload the fresh package and no config.php file in the directory, you should ask you hosting company for help. Normally, the unpacked file only contains config.distrib.php.

Best regards!

Exson
06-03-2012, 12:41 AM,
Thanks for the reply - the hosting company looked for the file as well and could not locate it. That is all of the support they can provide for a specific software app. Any other suggestions? Thanks
06-03-2012, 12:20 PM,
Hi,
If there is no file exists, it's maybe a cache in the system. So I've revised the index.php in install/ direcotry. You can replace the old index.php with it to see if the problem gone.

Best regards!

Exson
(06-03-2012, 12:41 AM)smccance Wrote: Thanks for the reply - the hosting company looked for the file as well and could not locate it. That is all of the support they can provide for a specific software app. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Attached Files
.php   index.php (Size: 14.5 KB / Downloads: 18)
06-04-2012, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 06:19 AM by smccance.)
Thanks Exson - I gave it a try but I still get the same error message...any other ideas - Thanks!

(06-03-2012, 12:20 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Hi,

If there is no file exists, it's maybe a cache in the system. So I've revised the index.php in install/ direcotry. You can replace the old index.php with it to see if the problem gone.

Best regards!

Exson
(06-03-2012, 12:41 AM)smccance Wrote: Thanks for the reply - the hosting company looked for the file as well and could not locate it. That is all of the support they can provide for a specific software app. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Thanks Exson - I gave it a try but no luck....any other ideas? Thanks
06-05-2012, 12:23 AM,
Hi,
Sorry, I have no idea what's wrong with it.
What version are you installing? What do you see when you input http://localhost(hostname)/webERP(weberp you installed/index.php?

I've released the 4.07.10 version today. You can delete the old version and try the new one. And you can try when you delete all of them, is there still same problem?

Best regards!
Exson

06-05-2012, 12:26 PM,
Hi Exson - I found that (after installing the software) the trick for me was to launch the program from the main url address bar in the browser (as opposed to launching by double-clicking the index.php file in the install directory. I don't know why but it worked...thanks