Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webERP version 4.10.1 with PHP 5.4
06-03-2015, 05:37 AM,
webERP version 4.10.1 with PHP 5.4
Hi All;

Is anyone using webERP version 4.10.1 with PHP version 5.4 please?

A hosting service provider has upgraded the hosting platform and this included moving PHP from 5.2 to 5.4. (no database or code changed during the hosting platform upgrade). Now am getting 'Internal Server Errors' when doing some actions. For example when viewing a quotation, some quotations raise an error while other do not. Also when trying to create a new user: when I get to submit I get the internal server error but then the user is seen as created.

<error text>
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
</error text>

Any help appreciated.

Regards
I
06-03-2015, 01:03 PM,
RE: webERP version 4.10.1 with PHP 5.4
Hi,
It's usually a web server configuration error instead of PHP's problem.
We have some instance run in php 5.5 and there are no any problem.

Best regards!

Exson
06-03-2015, 05:00 PM,
RE: webERP version 4.10.1 with PHP 5.4
(06-03-2015, 01:03 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Hi,
It's usually a web server configuration error instead of PHP's problem.
We have some instance run in php 5.5 and there are no any problem.

Best regards!

Exson

Hi Exson;

Thank you for your reply.

It was confirmed that the issue was not related to PHP version. Instead it was access rights on some files/folders. When \includes\MiscFunctions.php was trying to access resources to which there were no access rights the application was failing.

It seems that the service provider automated upgrade routines failed to grant/cascade relevant access permissions on all files and subfolders. Since our access to manage the site is through a 'console' the issue had to be investigated and fix applied manually by the provider's support from the back-end.

Regards
I.