Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Companies using webERP.
05-08-2015, 02:56 PM,
Companies using webERP.
Hello, I would like to know some companies using webERP.
07-08-2017, 11:39 PM,
RE: Companies using webERP.
i am also interested in this question.
07-09-2017, 12:32 PM,
(05-08-2015, 02:56 PM)lcarlos.galeano Wrote: Hello, I would like to know some companies using webERP.
Hi
I am a developer that is working for a company that has been using weberp for two years now they were previously using FACTS.

07-09-2017, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 01:49 PM by TurboPT.)
Though our office was closed at the end of Q3, 2016, we were using web-erp, but only utilizing about 20-25% of the tool, if not slightly less. It all started with web-erp 3.11, back around 2009-ish, if my memory serves me correctly.

Our primary usage areas involved the stocks/inventory, PO, and BOMs.

I did locally customize several things to meet other specific needs, such as adding a "BOM compare" utility, to see what parts changed (added, removed, and/or quantity differences) between BOM updates, and there were some minor PO customization's to meet our needs as well.

I added a BOM import functionality (based on an Excel xml format) because the way that our BOMs were handled, it was too tedious (according to users) to create a BOM within web-erp part-by-part that contained anywhere from 1000-2000+ electronic parts. There were likely other "side aspects" done relative to the BOM imports (such as adding suppliers, or stock categories, or stock IDs that didn't already exist). Along with this BOM import, the users could specify the number of boards that were required for a BOM. After the import, the summary included quantities based on current inventory: what was available, what was short, and where there were no quantities -- along with a % of each area met. There may have been a better way to already handle this within web-erp, but at the time, this was our specific need.

I (along with an intern, at the time) implemented a "costing" module, relative to the BOMs/stocks. This involved keeping a "pricing" history (and a separate quarterly pricing upload module) so that we could query the lowest cost of a BOM relative to the lowest (or the highest, or average) cost of a particular part. From this, there was handling added to the stocks so that we could associate many parts to a given corporate reference number. For example, the company's part# (added as a new field to stock) could apply to one or more part#'s (stock IDs) for various manufacturers. This also allowed a way to see pricing changes from quarter-to-quarter and/or year-over-year, etc.

I ( and another intern, at a later time ) added some Ajax handling to check if a stock (or location) ID already existed for new stock or location entries. This was user requested to make it easier to deal with avoiding error(s) at those areas for existing IDs after having input all the relevant data. After the stock ID (or location ID) input lost focus, the Ajax handling would perform a quick DB check, and then a message would appear next to the input field to show either: 'Item already exists' in red text, or 'New item entry' in green text on the New item/stock screen, and 'Location exists' in red text, or 'New Location' in green text on the New location screen.

Along the way, though, I did contribute some things back to web-erp community, that consisted of either bug fixes and/or other code improvement(s). However, some of the things that I mentioned above ( BOM imports, BOM compare, costing module, ajax checks, etc. ) were NOT contributed as they seemed to be "outside" the basic/general web-erp handling -- or assumed to be too specific to fit one company's requirement(s). I could likely 'resurrect' some of those things if anyone may have interest, but I don't know if I have everything at their most updated changes. (though I may know what could be missing, if anything -- but regardless, something may be useful as the start of a new desired feature [perhaps?])

There may likely have been other customization's done along the way that don't come to mind at the moment, but the things mentioned above were the major feature additions that we needed over the ~7-year time frame to meet some of our specific, non-standard, needs.
07-10-2017, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 07:41 AM by phil.)
Interesting to hear about your experiences Paul. Sorry to hear the office closed :-(
webERP was originally developed with wholesale/inventory management in mind (manufacturing was in mind but a bit further back in my mind then) with the first site I used it on in Brisbane Australia selling plumbing fittings pipe and sanitary-ware. Import in FX and distribution being main activities. Although that company was sold and merged with the acquirers business, webERP is still being used by a successor company - 14 years later! I developed manufacturing later as this was the business I have worked in my whole career and I wanted it to be functional for manufacturing and I got a little support to make it happen - I had the ideas for implementing it fermenting away for quite a while before hand.

I also know of it's long term use in
1 US oil rig pump maintenance business,
2 A Zimbabweian vehicle parts retailer business,
3 a water/irrigation business
4. An Indonesian jewellery retailer
5 electronics components manufacture
6 a model battery importer/distributor
7 a Thai wholesale food distributor
8 Australian Plumbing importer/wholesaler
9 A Saudi wholesale bakery
10 An Australian liquor wholesaler
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
07-10-2017, 08:34 PM,
We have a range of customers, including a number of hospitals, a church diocese, a fruit importer and wholesaler, several construction companies, a solar power panel importer and installer, and a number of manufacturing companies, such as car batteries, beer, furniture, and a number of others.

Tim
07-18-2017, 03:52 PM,
Hi, Just for my own references, does anyone know companies using weberp? Maybe someone can provide a few, either private or public company? thanks It handles all the tax obligation like GST and company tax, but does not do ... And by using webERP APIs you can integrate the two packages
12-05-2017, 06:30 AM,
As soon as we are live I will gladly share details about our new startup...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-19-2018, 09:34 AM,
Greenway Solutions, Inc.
http://www.greenwaysolutionsinc.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
02-07-2018, 02:49 AM,
(12-05-2017, 06:30 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: As soon as we are live I will gladly share details about our new startup...

I am interested in this. Especially about how you transitioned users who were comfortable using QuickBooks to using webERP.

Thanks
Jeff